Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > No more Asus Intel MoBo's

No more Asus Intel MoBo's

The GHOST of WOGER.

Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..

Dave Taylor

The GHOST of WOGER. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..

Please post supporting news source.

Ciao, Dave

PseUDO

Dave Taylor wrote:
> The GHOST of WOGER. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..
>>

> Please post supporting news source.
>
> Ciao, Dave

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboa...629030218.html

ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".

PseUDO

TEX

PseUDO wrote:
> Dave Taylor wrote:
>
>> The GHOST of WOGER. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>>> Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..
>>>

>> Please post supporting news source.
>>
>> Ciao, Dave

> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboa...629030218.html
>
> ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
> will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
> the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".
>
> PseUDO

Bloody Woger. That is totally different to Asus not making intel based
boards, in which "most" ppl would have assumed what Woger ment when he
posted.

TEX

Dave Taylor

TEX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> PseUDO wrote:
>> Dave Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> The GHOST of WOGER. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Please post supporting news source.
>>>
>>> Ciao, Dave

>> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboa...629030218.html
>>
>> ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
>> will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
>> the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".
>>
>> PseUDO

> Bloody Woger. That is totally different to Asus not making intel based
> boards, in which "most" ppl would have assumed what Woger ment when he
> posted.
>
> TEX

Yep, That is what I ass(u)(me)(d).
I like Asus boards. I have a P2B and a P4P800-VM. The VM's onboard
stuff works just fine for me since I am not a bleeding edge gamer. I
should have forked out the extra little bit for the P4P800-pro or
whatever it was called at the time, but have since found cpuid.com which
allows soft fsb if I feel like OC'ing. I dont usually OC, and have seen
no real difference in real world use with a ten percent OC.
Ciao, Dave

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..

It actually happened few years ago, when Intel caused a large number of
manufacturers, including ASUS, to lose large sums of money over the 820
chipset fiasco.

Nathan Mercer

PseUDO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<m0vEc.5533$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Please post supporting news source.
> >
> > Ciao, Dave

> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboa...629030218.html
>
> ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
> will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
> the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".

Wistron = Acer IIRC