Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slightly OT but nerdy enough for nz.comp geeks

Slightly OT but nerdy enough for nz.comp geeks

Steve Robertson

>Except that the 'Ether' was proved not to exist over 100 years ago....

why am I following this thread????
I should be polishing my Flux Capapcitor

Roger Johnstone

In <(E-Mail Removed)> Dogg wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:39:10 +1200, Disco Stu
> <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote:
>>
>>I don't know about Babylon 5, but the Incom T-65 X-wing Starfighter is
>>fitted with a system of etheric rudders that change thrust vectors
>>that allow for increased combat maneuverability. Official sources
>>claim it is fitted with lasers, but this claim I find dubious as the
>>energy projected is not constant and apparently not at light speed.
>>I believe they are actually armed with some kind of 'blaster' cannon.

> Except that the 'Ether' was proved not to exist over 100 years ago....

You're assuming that in another 100 years someone won't discover that it
did exist after all )

http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

Waylon Smithers

> says the guy who uses the name of a charactor for his handle.

Yes, I was hoping someone would note the irony of the situation.

~!@#$%^&*()_+

Millhouse : "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy."

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Waylon Smithers wrote:

>>says the guy who uses the name of a charactor for his handle.

> Yes, I was hoping someone would note the irony of the situation.

woohoo, I win.

All chocolate fish can be sent to:

Dave Hall
Information Group