Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OE security

OE security

Industrious

Email from a friend asks:

I'm hoping you can help me. I'm unable to send a document, letter of
recommendation, to Justine's work to get printed. I've attached it to her
e-mail and sent it but it tells me....
oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail.
It tells me the same thing when trying to send any picture from our new
digital camera.

Quick answer?

Ryan Jacobs

"Industrious" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Es7Ec.5351$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Email from a friend asks:
>
> I'm hoping you can help me. I'm unable to send a document, letter of
> recommendation, to Justine's work to get printed. I've attached it to her
> e-mail and sent it but it tells me....
> oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail.
> It tells me the same thing when trying to send any picture from our new
> digital camera.
>
> Quick answer?

Assuming that you are using the latest version (and patched) then try
this.....

In OE

tools\options\security\

uncheck..... "do not allow attachments.........."

Warning: use cautiously

HTHs

RJ out.

Enkidu

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:52:25 +1200, "Industrious"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Email from a friend asks:
>
>I'm hoping you can help me. I'm unable to send a document, letter of
>recommendation, to Justine's work to get printed. I've attached it to her
>e-mail and sent it but it tells me....
>oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail.
>It tells me the same thing when trying to send any picture from our new
>digital camera.
>
>Quick answer?

Zip it.

Cheers,

Cliff

steve

Industrious wrote:

> Email from a friend asks:
>
> I'm hoping you can help me. I'm unable to send a document, letter of
> recommendation, to Justine's work to get printed. I've attached it to her
> e-mail and sent it but it tells me....
> oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail.
> It tells me the same thing when trying to send any picture from our new
> digital camera.
>
> Quick answer?

Stop using OE.

Try Eudora, Mozilla, Thunderbird....or some other.

OE has to do things like that due to the architectural vulnerabilities MS
built into their mail client - like support for scripts and ActiveX.

No other mail client supports those weaknesses by default....

So OE has to do those things to protect you from OE (and yourself).