Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 19' CRT Monitors

19' CRT Monitors

BT

Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out there
have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
feedback about em.

The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.

Cheers
BT

EMB

In news:wDHDc.4701$(E-Mail Removed),
BT <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:
> Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out
> there have either used or are currently using one and would like to
> hear your feedback about em.
>
> The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
> running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.
>
> Cheers
> BT

If you want cheap and cheerful look at the AOC 9KLR - I'm reasonably happy
with the 2 I have bought.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

Daniel

BT wrote:
> Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out there
> have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
> feedback about em.
>
> The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
> running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.
>
> Cheers
> BT

DSE are selling their own flat 19" for $304, which is pretty good for a big retailer.

I have checked the out monitor myself, looks good. They also have them in stock in
several of their retail outlets. I recommend you pop in and do some tyre-kicking.

e=mc˛

For gaming and to match that vid card you'll be wanting anything with a
Trintiron Tube. ie Philips 109P
Anything else probably wont handle high resolutions at high refresh rates
which your vid card can support.
ie 1600x1200 @ 100Hz

"BT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wDHDc.4701$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out

there
> have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
> feedback about em.
>
> The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
> running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.
>
> Cheers
> BT

Daniel

Of course, if you're looking for a better quality tube then I'd suggest the
Philips 109P Real Flat monitor, does 1600x1200 at a cool 85Hz.

Daniel wrote:
> BT wrote:
>
>> Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out
>> there
>> have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
>> feedback about em.
>>
>> The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
>> running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.
>>
>> Cheers
>> BT
>>

> DSE are selling their own flat 19" for $304, which is pretty good for a
> big retailer.
>
> I have checked the out monitor myself, looks good. They also have them
> in stock in
> several of their retail outlets. I recommend you pop in and do some
> tyre-kicking.

BT

thanks for that, I had spoken to a couple of other people and they had
mentioned similar things, time to check out the prices.

cheers
BT
"e=mc˛" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zbIDc.5089$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For gaming and to match that vid card you'll be wanting anything with a
> Trintiron Tube. ie Philips 109P
> Anything else probably wont handle high resolutions at high refresh rates
> which your vid card can support.
> ie 1600x1200 @ 100Hz
>
> "BT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wDHDc.4701$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out

> there
> > have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
> > feedback about em.
> >
> > The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
> > running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.
> >
> > Cheers
> > BT

Divine

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:12:43 +1200, BT wrote:

> Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out there
> have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
> feedback about em.

Philips 109p4 is a very nice monitor indeed. It can do 1600x1200 @ 85Hz -
that's flicker free.

It is based on a flat-screen trinitron tube.

Originally I was sceptical about the quality of Philips monitors; But this
one actually is nice.

Divine

--
Bruce Schneier: "Honestly, security experts don't pick on Microsoft because
we have some fundamental dislike for the company. Indeed, Microsoft's poor