Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft Vanishes ?!?

Microsoft Vanishes ?!?

WeeWillyWonka

All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
on the news sites. ?!?

willy

T A R T

"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
> on the news sites. ?!?
>
> willy

I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

Peter

WeeWillyWonka wrote:
> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
> on the news sites. ?!?

www.microsoft.com opens fine from here

WeeWillyWonka

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:34:16 +1000, "T A R T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
>> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
>> on the news sites. ?!?

>I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...

willy

T A R T

"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:34:16 +1000, "T A R T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
> >> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
> >> on the news sites. ?!?

> >I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

> You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...
>
> willy

I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.

Alister F

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (WeeWillyWonka) wrote in news:40ddf839.3934830
@news.iconz.co.nz:

> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
> on the news sites. ?!?
>
> willy

Not with me they haven't (iHug Ultra)

Bill E. Goat Gruff III

WeeWillyWonka wrote:

> All the MS web sites are gone, vanished as though they never were.
> Microsoft, the Zone, Hotmail, MSNBC, all gone... Don't see anything
> on the news sites. ?!?
>
> willy

Nope, they're still there. But there is a worm going around which
affects IIS and IE. Maybe they've turned off those pages for people
using IE.

WeeWillyWonka

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:44:15 +1000, "T A R T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:34:16 +1000, "T A R T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> >I'm able to access the Microsoft site with no problems.

>> You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...

>I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.

Well I have tried repeatedly for a few hours -- out of interest, not
because of any content, mind you. For me, anyway, all the MS sites
have vanished, but all non-MS sites are there as normal. Still that
way now. Oh well, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to
sit tight and see what eventuates. Thanks.

willy

WeeWillyWonka

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:04:39 +1200, "Bill E. Goat Gruff III"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Nope, they're still there. But there is a worm going around which
>affects IIS and IE. Maybe they've turned off those pages for people
>using IE.

My dear sir, how scornful of you. I use Mozilla and Opera, of course.
Of course!

willy

brazen

"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:44:15 +1000, "T A R T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >"WeeWillyWonka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> You might be looking at your cache. Try hitting "refresh"...

> >I don't think I am. I have not been to the Microsoft homepage in years.

> Well I have tried repeatedly for a few hours -- out of interest, not
> because of any content, mind you. For me, anyway, all the MS sites
> have vanished, but all non-MS sites are there as normal. Still that
> way now. Oh well, if it works for everyone else, I'll just have to
> sit tight and see what eventuates. Thanks.

it may a problem with your isp, try iconz