Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Running apps

Running apps

old guy

I have a wirelessnetwork that works well on file sharing. Can I set my
laptop up to run applications sitting on my PC (share applications) or
do I have to install an application on each wireless device? If so, how?

Dave

in general you have to install programs on the machine you want to run them
on. in some cases you may be able to run 'simple' applications over a
network without doing anything special, but don't count on it. most modern
windows applications make entries in the machine's registry or install dll's
or controls that would not be available to a networked machine.

"old guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Y2LOd.4330$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a wirelessnetwork that works well on file sharing. Can I set my
> laptop up to run applications sitting on my PC (share applications) or
> do I have to install an application on each wireless device? If so, how?

Jack

Hi
You can use a Remote Control program.
Jack (MVP-Networking).