Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LCD monitor Question

LCD monitor Question

Loupole

I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and mine
is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too if
its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
problems I can see....

Loupole

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:40:38 +1200, "Loupole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
>from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
>brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and mine
>is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
>stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too if
>its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
>problems I can see....
>
>Loupole

No good for games..

Loupole

Thanks for that as I did some more test and it won with flying colours !!!
So I will Keep it then...

Loupole

"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:40:38 +1200, "Loupole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am

asking
> >from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
> >brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and

mine
> >is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
> >stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too

if
> >its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
> >problems I can see....
> >
> >Loupole
> >

> No good for games..

Jackson

"Loupole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsixCc.3461$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
> from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...

Well, the lower the response time the better for games. The higher the
response time the more blur in fast motion will occur. Although its all
personal preference so if your happy with it for the games you play then
good, keep it. I've got a 25ms LCD at home on a spare PC and have played a
few games on it and its fine, I can't see any blur when the graphics are
moving fast, although I still prefer my AOC 19inch CRT for games, much
crisper and better colours so im still sticking with that for my main PC.

Jackson.

EMB

In news:NCHCc.3624$(E-Mail Removed),
Jackson <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:

> Well, the lower the response time the better for games.

Assuming that the manufacturer isn't telling lies - a recent review I read
(can't find the source ATM) noted major differences in quoted specifications
from different manufacturers using the same panels for their displays. An
honest spec of 25ms may well be better than a "massaged" 20ms one.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

Dave - Dave.net.nz

The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
> No good for games..

how quick refresh do you need for them to be good for gaming Roger.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:52:51 +1200, "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:NCHCc.3624$(E-Mail Removed),
>Jackson <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:
>>
>> Well, the lower the response time the better for games.

>Assuming that the manufacturer isn't telling lies - a recent review I read
>(can't find the source ATM) noted major differences in quoted specifications
>from different manufacturers using the same panels for their displays. An
>honest spec of 25ms may well be better than a "massaged" 20ms one.

Toms hardware did the article on this..

http://www.tomshardware.com

Chip

"Loupole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<DixCc.3461$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
> from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
> brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and mine
> is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
> stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too if
> its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
> problems I can see....
>
> Loupole

The Philips 107B5 is available now with a 16ms response time. You
bought the old model.

In article <DixCc.3461$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
> from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
> brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and mine
> is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
> stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too if
> its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
> problems I can see....
>
> Loupole

The colours just suck on most LCDs. Plus you need something to heat
your room for winter..

Divine

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:18:23 +1200, a wrote:

> The colours just suck on most LCDs. Plus you need something to heat
> your room for winter.

Agreed, and agreed!

And text looks really bad on LCDs.

Divine

--
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge. Jerry Falwell only gargled."