Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > What type of RAM do I have

What type of RAM do I have

Peter

Hi

I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this from my
computer or do I need take the case off and physically check what type of
RAM I have.

--
Cheers

Peter

Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
http://www.kiwioffce.com/

Max Burke

> Peter scribbled:
> Hi
> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
> what type of RAM I have.

Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of ram,
and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it with....

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

Found Images

paora

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:42:25 +1200, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this from my
>computer or do I need take the case off and physically check what type of
>RAM I have.

This will probably help you.

http://www.cpuid.com/pcw

Invisible

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:52:29 +1200, "Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Peter scribbled:
>> Hi
>> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
>> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
>> what type of RAM I have.

>Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of ram,
>and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it with....
>
>http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

"We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works with
Internet Explorer"

Chris

Invisible <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:52:29 +1200, "Max Burke"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Peter scribbled:
>>> Hi
>>> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
>>> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
>>> what type of RAM I have.

>>Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of
>>ram, and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it
>>with....
>>
>>http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

> "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works
> with Internet Explorer"

Not only that it thinks I have 160MB of RAM not the 256MB I have installed

--
Chris

Max Burke

> Invisible scribbled:

>> Max Burke wrote:

>>> Peter scribbled:
>>> Hi
>>> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
>>> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
>>> what type of RAM I have.

>> Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of
>> ram, and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it
>> with....
>> http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

> "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works
> with Internet Explorer"

That's only a problem for those that DONT use IE. Why they/you dont is
irrelevant to this particular thread dont you think?
Of course you can always 'hijack' the discussion and rant about *your
problem* instead of trying to be helpful to the OP.

--
(E-Mail Removed)
Found Images

Max Burke

> Chris scribbled:

>>> Max Burke wrote:
>>> Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of
>>> ram, and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it
>>> with....
>>> http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

>> "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works
>> with Internet Explorer"

> Not only that it thinks I have 160MB of RAM not the 256MB I have
> installed

It works fine with my 486 running Win 95A and IE 4, as well as my P4, XP and
IE6.
It not only tells me the correct amount of ram in both systems, it also
provides me with upgrade/replacement options....

So it must be the OS and the web browser you *choose to use,* and your
system that's at fault......

IOW your complaint isn't much help to the OP is it.
I would suggest you offer him alternatives if you think he needs an
alternative.

--
(E-Mail Removed)
Found Images

Chris

"Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h%eCc.4084$(E-Mail Removed):

> So it must be the OS and the web browser you *choose to use,* and your
> system that's at fault......

I run windows98SE. Tried it with Mozilla, got the message reported and
then tried with IE which gave me the wrong RAM amount.

> IOW your complaint isn't much help to the OP is it.
> I would suggest you offer him alternatives if you think he needs an
> alternative.

About as much help as you, I'd say. I think the OP should be wary of your
suggestion on the basis that it don't work 4 every 1.

--
Chris

Gordon

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:38:56 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

> That's only a problem for those that DONT use IE.

Maybe, but the idea is that the web should work, no matter what browser
you view it through.

Gordon

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:48:42 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

> It works fine with my 486 running Win 95A and IE 4, as well as my P4, XP and
> IE6.

Good grief, someone is still using IE4! Now history has shown that to be a
not the best of MS products.