Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Suggestions wanted plse: SW for Pocket PC

Suggestions wanted plse: SW for Pocket PC

Pleb Plebian

Hi all;
I'm an ex Newton user, have just purchased a PPC.
What SW do people consider "essential" or extremely useful on these?

List to date:
-Calligrapher
-Simple SMS
-some sort of TV-vid controlling IR software (ideas?)
-VNC: both client and server editions.

Unit is a Dell Axim X30: Xscale processor, WiFi and Bluetooth built in.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
-Darl

The Hobbit

> "Pleb Plebian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all;
> I'm an ex Newton user, have just purchased a PPC.
> What SW do people consider "essential" or extremely useful on these?

<Snip>
> -some sort of TV-vid controlling IR software (ideas?)

I've not used it myself, but have heard that Vito Remote (
http://vitotechnology.com/products/remote.html ) is pretty good (depending
on how strong your IR signal is of course ) 14 Day trial, US$15.95 to buy
I think.

Pleb Plebian

"The Hobbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MB7Cc.2960$(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>
> I've not used it myself, but have heard that Vito Remote (
> http://vitotechnology.com/products/remote.html ) is pretty good (depending
> on how strong your IR signal is of course ) 14 Day trial, US$15.95 to

buy
> I think.

Thanks - will check it out!