Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Canon Powershot Digital IXUS 500 V Sony Cybershot DSC-W1B Digital camera

Canon Powershot Digital IXUS 500 V Sony Cybershot DSC-W1B Digital camera

JJD

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:49:04 +1200, "Mark." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'd still rather use CompactFlash over Memory Stick . I think this is
>much the case for most serious digital photographers as well.

I've seen this argument quite a lot, but I'm unsure what it's about.
I have both and cannot see the difference - or were the pictures I
took using the memory stick not serious photos?

JJD

Richard

>>I'd still rather use CompactFlash over Memory Stick . I think this is
>>much the case for most serious digital photographers as well.

> I've seen this argument quite a lot, but I'm unsure what it's about.
> I have both and cannot see the difference - or were the pictures I
> took using the memory stick not serious photos?

Compact flash are cheaper, and in my experiance, faster then memory stick

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:13:22 +1200, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I'd still rather use CompactFlash over Memory Stick . I think this is
>>>much the case for most serious digital photographers as well.

>> I've seen this argument quite a lot, but I'm unsure what it's about.
>> I have both and cannot see the difference - or were the pictures I
>> took using the memory stick not serious photos?

>Compact flash are cheaper, and in my experiance, faster then memory stick

All depends on were you get them from, and the Pro version is very fast..

Mark.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
JJD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've seen this argument quite a lot, but I'm unsure what it's about.
> I have both and cannot see the difference - or were the pictures I
> took using the memory stick not serious photos?

I believe it comes down to $/MB and also availability of larger capacity
MemorySticks. CompactFlash/MicroDrives are available in 4GB capacities
the last time I checked, and I believe there are faster rated
CompactFlash cards at the top end of the range, allowing faster writing
to the card which is always helpful when taking photos in RAW mode.