Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Looking for BIOS upgrade for PC Company PC

Looking for BIOS upgrade for PC Company PC

Patrick Dunford

> >ECS and PC Chips are the same company.
> >

> That would explain a few things then.
> The 2 most unreliable brands Ive encountered.

I've never seen any problems with ECS motherboards. PC Direct used to use
them as primary supplier. I've seen far more problems with some PCD
models that used Microstar motherboards.

Steve Robertson

>I've never seen any problems with ECS motherboards. PC Direct used to use

Faulty Cap problems on the Athlon compatable models (fairly nesish)
But then lots of brands had the same problem.

PCChips: thats a differnet story alltogether

EMB

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Steve Robertson <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:

> I have a mate with a LADA & its fine.

So was my one, when it went And it never got recalled like every second
Mitsubishi!

> I have a mate with a Quantum bigfoot & its fine
>
> Its more about failure rates than every unit failing.

And plenty of bigfoots failed.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

Patrick Dunford

In article <card97$i3k$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Steve Robertson <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:
> >
> > I have a mate with a LADA & its fine.

> So was my one, when it went And it never got recalled like every second
> Mitsubishi!
>

> > I have a mate with a Quantum bigfoot & its fine
> >
> > Its more about failure rates than every unit failing.

> And plenty of bigfoots failed.

And most of them were supplied by Edge Computer

Dave - Dave.net.nz

EMB wrote:
>>I have a mate with a LADA & its fine.

> So was my one, when it went And it never got recalled like every second
> Mitsubishi!

and Ford.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>> I have a mate with a LADA & its fine.

>> So was my one, when it went And it never got recalled like every
>> second
>> Mitsubishi!

> and Ford.

heh, and Holden(from last month)