Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DIVX DVD Player

DIVX DVD Player

SNOman

Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?

TIA

Bb

Dunno ...... but this may be of import:
http://www.divx.com/hardware/certifi...d=052704hwlist

"SNOman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:calnj6$l5p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
> discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>
> TIA

Stephen Worthington

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:40:39 +1200, SNOman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
>discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>
>TIA

I did not follow the discussion, so I do not know which one was being
talked about. But the site:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

can tell you which DVD players do DivX.

The first one that did it was from:

http://www.kiss-technology.com

but they do not seem to be available in NZ, and are pretty expensive.
But good - I would like to see them available here.

See also:

http://www.divx.com/hardware

SNOman

SNOman wrote:

> Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
> discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>
> TIA

Good old Google.

Found the item in question

LiteOn LVD-2002 DivX DVD Player $348

Dogg

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:56:02 +1200, SNOman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>SNOman wrote:
>
>> Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
>> discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>>
>> TIA

>Good old Google.
>
>Found the item in question
>
>LiteOn LVD-2002 DivX DVD Player $348

Is that $348 NZ?

Don Hills

In article <cals0h$p73$(E-Mail Removed)>,
SNOman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>LiteOn LVD-2002 DivX DVD Player $348

Speaking of DVD players, the Mizuda 331K that was available in Countdown and
other supermarkets last year at $130 is now available with a different badge
(Olympic? Crown? can't remember...) at some New World supermarkets for...
$79.

SNOman

Dogg wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:56:02 +1200, SNOman <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>SNOman wrote:
>>

>>>Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
>>>discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>>>
>>>TIA

>>Good old Google.
>>
>>Found the item in question
>>
>>LiteOn LVD-2002 DivX DVD Player $348

> Is that $348 NZ?

Apparently, It came from the NZ.comp thread and I think it was ascent
that was talked about as the website listing it.

~misfit~

Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:40:39 +1200, SNOman <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
>> discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>>
>> TIA

> I did not follow the discussion, so I do not know which one was being
> talked about. But the site:
>
> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
>
> can tell you which DVD players do DivX.
>
> The first one that did it was from:
>
> http://www.kiss-technology.com
>
> but they do not seem to be available in NZ, and are pretty expensive.
> But good - I would like to see them available here.

I saw one somewhere (helpful huh?) that played DivX for $399 so they are
available in NZ.
--
~misfit~

---

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:09:39 +1200, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:40:39 +1200, SNOman <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
>>> discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>>>
>>> TIA

>> I did not follow the discussion, so I do not know which one was being
>> talked about. But the site:
>>
>> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
>>
>> can tell you which DVD players do DivX.
>>
>> The first one that did it was from:
>>
>> http://www.kiss-technology.com
>>
>> but they do not seem to be available in NZ, and are pretty expensive.
>> But good - I would like to see them available here.

>I saw one somewhere (helpful huh?) that played DivX for $399 so they are
>available in NZ.

What's the point? DVD writers are dirt cheap now. Is it hard to
convert from DivX to Mpeg2?

GraB

wrote:

>Who made the dvd player that plays divx files that wa srecently
>discussed in this group? and has anyone tried it?
>
>TIA

I seem to remember Paradigm having them for about $350 some time ago.
Can't remember the details.