Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise Mail Serviers

Reply
Thread Tools

Paradise Mail Serviers

 
 
JB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2004
Hi

Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time outs in
Mailwasher and Outlook.

Cheers

JB


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Invisible
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2004
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <fTTyc.2190$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed)_REMOVE says...
>> Hi
>>
>> Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time outs in
>> Mailwasher and Outlook.

>
>I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.


That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mauricio Freitas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2004
"Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <fTTyc.2190$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >(E-Mail Removed)_REMOVE says...
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time outs

in
> >> Mailwasher and Outlook.

> >
> >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.

>
> That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.
>


Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No need to
go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all, since
the problem was on their servers.

A recorded message was up from 4pm saying that their e-mail servers were
being attended by technicians, who would work hard on Sunday afternoon to
restore the service (well, just the first half of the message was up,
really).

--
Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp


 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Dunford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2004
In article <X43zc.2252$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> "Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >In article <fTTyc.2190$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > >(E-Mail Removed)_REMOVE says...
> > >> Hi
> > >>
> > >> Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time outs

> in
> > >> Mailwasher and Outlook.
> > >
> > >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.

> >
> > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.
> >

>
> Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No need to
> go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all, since
> the problem was on their servers.


But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
when I changed email program the errors went away.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mauricio Freitas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2004
"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <X43zc.2252$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> > "Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
> > > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >
> > > >In article <fTTyc.2190$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > > >(E-Mail Removed)_REMOVE says...
> > > >> Hi
> > > >>
> > > >> Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time

outs
> > in
> > > >> Mailwasher and Outlook.
> > > >
> > > >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.
> > >
> > > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last

night.
> > >

> >
> > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No

need to
> > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all,

since
> > the problem was on their servers.

>
> But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
> when I changed email program the errors went away.


Were the errors reported during the outage times (Sun 13/6 15:00 - 22:00)?

--
Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp



 
Reply With Quote
 
JB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2004

> Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No
> need to
> > > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all,

> since
> > > the problem was on their servers.

> >
> > But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
> > when I changed email program the errors went away.

>
> Were the errors reported during the outage times (Sun 13/6 15:00 - 22:00)?
>
> --
> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp
>
>



Hi

I have been using Outlook and OL Express for years and have no problems with
any of the mail servers I have been using - just the other night, so no need
to change mail client - that would be like buying a new PC just because you
had a stuffed modem!

Cheers

JB



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ralph Fox
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2004
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:01:13 +1200, in article
<(E-Mail Removed) >, Patrick Dunford wrote:

> > > >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.
> > >
> > > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.
> > >

> >
> > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No need to
> > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all, since
> > the problem was on their servers.

>
> But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
> when I changed email program the errors went away.



Interesting. I had a similar experience, with different client software.
When I changed from Forté Agent to telnet, the problem went away.


FYI I used exactly the same POP3 commands with telnet that
Agent's log window showed Agent had attempted to use.

Now, which is the more likely explanation?
• Telnet works better as a POP3 client (even though using the
exact same POP3 commands).
• Something happened to the server at around the time when I
gave up trying to use Agent and started testing with telnet.


--
Cheers,
Ralph

Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Dunford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2004
In article <Db7zc.2320$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> "Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> > In article <X43zc.2252$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> > > "Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
> > > > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > >In article <fTTyc.2190$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > > > >(E-Mail Removed)_REMOVE says...
> > > > >> Hi
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time

> outs
> > > in
> > > > >> Mailwasher and Outlook.
> > > > >
> > > > >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.
> > > >
> > > > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last

> night.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No

> need to
> > > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all,

> since
> > > the problem was on their servers.

> >
> > But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
> > when I changed email program the errors went away.

>
> Were the errors reported during the outage times (Sun 13/6 15:00 - 22:00)?


No
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Paradise Mail Serviers steve NZ Computing 1 06-13-2004 09:36 AM
Re: Paradise Mail Serviers brundlefly NZ Computing 3 06-13-2004 08:34 AM
Paradise mail server Ali P NZ Computing 3 02-12-2004 08:12 AM
Query: Sending Paradise E-mail via Telecom ADSL? Chris NZ Computing 6 12-10-2003 01:07 AM
Paradise anti-spam mail filter Mauricio Freitas NZ Computing 9 09-15-2003 09:52 PM



Advertisments