Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Debian 3.0r2 on June APC mag DVD (7 CDs worth)

Debian 3.0r2 on June APC mag DVD (7 CDs worth)

GraB

For Debian fans.

Steve Robertson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>For Debian fans.

Debian fans probhably allready have it????
Still, try downloading 7cd's on 56k dial up, could take a while
http://www.linuxathome.net/apc_debian_dvd/

Linux distro's are popping up quite often on compter mag CD's
Even DSE are getting into selling the Linux CD's cheap, they just dont have
any in stock (whats the delay??)

steve

Steve Robertson wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>For Debian fans.

> Debian fans probhably allready have it????
> Still, try downloading 7cd's on 56k dial up, could take a while
> http://www.linuxathome.net/apc_debian_dvd/
>
> Linux distro's are popping up quite often on compter mag CD's
> Even DSE are getting into selling the Linux CD's cheap, they just dont have
> any in stock (whats the delay??)

They probably want to put Mandrake 10 on them. They did have some
Mandrake 9.2 (I think) then 10 came out like 2 weeks alter.

If you want a nice Debian that is as good ast it gets right now (except
maybe Fedora Core 2 - which is prety good)...then try Xandros 2.0
(Standard or Deluxe).

Patrick Dunford

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >For Debian fans.

> Debian fans probhably allready have it????
> Still, try downloading 7cd's on 56k dial up, could take a while
> http://www.linuxathome.net/apc_debian_dvd/

You can get enough of Debian on just one or two CDs, and download only
what you need after that. There's enough shops around that can burn them
as well.