Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Question: Who sells CNR slot modems in NZ?

Question: Who sells CNR slot modems in NZ?

Greg

My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
slot?

I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
website.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Richard

Greg wrote:

> My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
> any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
> slot?
>
> I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
> something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
> NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
> website.

You dont want one, they are pure software modems and are at the mercy of all the
other hardware in the system. Systems assembly people use them, because they
will test that it works with all the other hardware they sell the machine with.

See if you can score a USB external

EMB

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:
> My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
> any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
> slot?
>
> I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
> something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
> NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
> website.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

QMB have had them in the past and they're still listed
http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?100492

HTH

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

TEX

Greg wrote:
> My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
> any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
> slot?
>
> I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
> something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
> NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
> website.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

5cm long lsot you mean??? Looks like the short part of a agp slot?? Got
a box of about 50 modems to suit those slots. Just send me you addy and
I'll send you one if it suits.

TEX

Daver

May not fix your problem. My CNR modem blocks the PCI slot next to it as the
components are on the opposite side to PCI cards hence prevent using PCI
slot.

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My PC is fitted with a CNR slot (computer network riser). Are there
> any Auckland retailers who sell 56k modems to fit this small 50cm-long
> slot?
>
> I have an existing PCI modem installed, but need the PCI slot for
> something else, hence my enquiry (the other two slots are used for a
> NIC and sound card). There are no CNR modems listed on the PriceSpy
> website.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Greg

snip
>Got a box of about 50 modems to suit those slots. Just send me you addy and
>I'll send you one if it suits.
>TEX

Thanks Tex I would like to accept your generous offer. I can not
resolve your corect E-mail address from your post. Maybe you could
E-mail me off-board so I can send you back my postal address.
Greg

CNR LEASEQUERY Lewis Donzis Cisco 0 11-06-2004 05:47 PM
WTD CNR modems bAZZ NZ Computing 23 07-20-2004 11:10 PM
Cisco CNR port Andrew S. Cisco 0 11-24-2003 04:23 PM
problems getting DHCP from CNR 6.0 for AS5300 Mike Cunningham Cisco 0 11-17-2003 07:06 PM
dhcp-client-identifier in CNR (Cisco Network Registrar) vigi98 Cisco 0 07-15-2003 06:18 PM

Advertisments