Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telstra Clear Fax and Phone

Telstra Clear Fax and Phone

Bok

Does anyone know whether T/C's fax&phone service is compatible with the
Telecom FaxAbility ring decoder system? We can call T/C on Tuesday, but
would like to know before then.

Thanks for any info.

Roger Ramjet

Bok <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ltuwc.1046$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Does anyone know whether T/C's fax&phone service is compatible with the
> Telecom FaxAbility ring decoder system? We can call T/C on Tuesday, but
> would like to know before then.
>
> Thanks for any info.

Yes. The different ring signal from a faxline number is a universal
format ie. it's not exclusive to our friends at Telecom.

Bok

Roger Ramjet wrote:

> Yes. The different ring signal from a faxline number is a universal
> format ie. it's not exclusive to our friends at Telecom.

Thanks for that. However, I understand there can be variations in the
cadence of the 'distinctive ring'. I noticed from my Google search
that Telstra in Australia offer a Fax/Phone service called 'Duet' and
state that not all faxes or [distinctive ring] decoders may be
compatible. If T/C don't use exactly the same 'distinctive ring' as
Telecom (hopefully they do), then I need to ensure the decoder can
handle variations in cadence or whatever else can vary in the ring signal.

Roger Ramjet

Bok <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<mJxwc.1075$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Roger Ramjet wrote:
>
> > Yes. The different ring signal from a faxline number is a universal
> > format ie. it's not exclusive to our friends at Telecom.

> Thanks for that. However, I understand there can be variations in the
> cadence of the 'distinctive ring'. I noticed from my Google search
> that Telstra in Australia offer a Fax/Phone service called 'Duet' and
> state that not all faxes or [distinctive ring] decoders may be
> compatible. If T/C don't use exactly the same 'distinctive ring' as
> Telecom (hopefully they do), then I need to ensure the decoder can
> handle variations in cadence or whatever else can vary in the ring signal.

The TelstraClear faxline ring signal is the same as Telecom's.

If every Telecommunications provider had a different faxline ring
signal the fax machine manufacturers would be faced with a mammoth
task. Hence, the establishment of a largely universal format.

I believe there are some signal variations outside of NZ. However, you
want to know if your fax machine will work with TelstraClear's faxline
service. The answer is yes.