Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > !Where is...

Reply
Thread Tools

!Where is...

 
 
Max Burke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
The best place in Wellington to buy a couple or three SDRAM DDR memory
modules.....

Looking for either 256Mb or 512Mb SDRAM DDR PC2100's 266Mhz

Have checked PriceSpy, and various retailers/suppliers for
availability/price, etc....

Any I should avoid, or better yet any recommendations....

PS. I prefer *not* to deal with 'suppliers' who can only help you once you
have fronted up with the money, just so they can order it in the next 3 to 5
to 10 to 20 days to sometime when they get around to it....

I've got the money, and the means to pickup at any time; Where/who are the
suppliers that *HAVE* the items I want to buy in stock, and available?

PPS. While on the subject of goodies to buy, does anyone have any
recommendations for an external hard drive for backup purposes?

I thinking about getting a 120 -160Gb drive, USB2; Should I go for a fully
made up unit, or buy an external drive case/psu and buy the hard drive
separately?


--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Replace the obvious with paradise.net to email me
Found Images
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
colinco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
In article <tBVuc.115$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> PS. I prefer *not* to deal with 'suppliers' who can only help you once you
> have fronted up with the money, just so they can order it in the next 3 to 5
> to 10 to 20 days to sometime when they get around to it....
>
> I've got the money, and the means to pickup at any time; Where/who are the
> suppliers that *HAVE* the items I want to buy in stock, and available?
>

If you are in Wellington and haven't worked out who orders quickly
already why not just go to DSE? Ram, USB 2 drive cases but only WD
drives.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Daver
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
Could try www.pp.co.nz
Seem to ok via mail so should be better direct.

"Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tBVuc.115$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The best place in Wellington to buy a couple or three SDRAM DDR memory
> modules.....
>
> Looking for either 256Mb or 512Mb SDRAM DDR PC2100's 266Mhz
>
> Have checked PriceSpy, and various retailers/suppliers for
> availability/price, etc....
>
> Any I should avoid, or better yet any recommendations....
>
> PS. I prefer *not* to deal with 'suppliers' who can only help you once you
> have fronted up with the money, just so they can order it in the next 3 to

5
> to 10 to 20 days to sometime when they get around to it....
>
> I've got the money, and the means to pickup at any time; Where/who are the
> suppliers that *HAVE* the items I want to buy in stock, and available?
>
> PPS. While on the subject of goodies to buy, does anyone have any
> recommendations for an external hard drive for backup purposes?
>
> I thinking about getting a 120 -160Gb drive, USB2; Should I go for a fully
> made up unit, or buy an external drive case/psu and buy the hard drive
> separately?
>
>
> --
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Replace the obvious with paradise.net to email me
> Found Images
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
colinco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
In article <c9hde7$dtn$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Could try www.pp.co.nz
> Seem to ok via mail so should be better direct.
>

Why? They have to order in so may as well be delivered.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 18:44:29 +1200, "Max Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The best place in Wellington to buy a couple or three SDRAM DDR memory
>modules.....
>
>Looking for either 256Mb or 512Mb SDRAM DDR PC2100's 266Mhz
>
>Have checked PriceSpy, and various retailers/suppliers for
>availability/price, etc....


I like Ascent and Paradigm Computers


>
>Any I should avoid, or better yet any recommendations....
>
>PS. I prefer *not* to deal with 'suppliers' who can only help you once you
>have fronted up with the money, just so they can order it in the next 3 to 5
>to 10 to 20 days to sometime when they get around to it....
>
>I've got the money, and the means to pickup at any time; Where/who are the
>suppliers that *HAVE* the items I want to buy in stock, and available?
>
>PPS. While on the subject of goodies to buy, does anyone have any
>recommendations for an external hard drive for backup purposes?
>
>I thinking about getting a 120 -160Gb drive, USB2; Should I go for a fully
>made up unit, or buy an external drive case/psu and buy the hard drive
>separately?
>
>
>--
>(E-Mail Removed)
>Replace the obvious with paradise.net to email me
>Found Images
>http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke
>


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Reply With Quote
 
samg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
(E-Mail Removed)conz (Kerry) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
> I like Ascent and Paradigm Computers
>


yep both are excellent companies but as mentioned above if you need them in
a hurry just walk into dick smiths.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
On 1 Jun 2004 23:50:09 +1200, samg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Kerry) wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>>
>> I like Ascent and Paradigm Computers
>>

>
>yep both are excellent companies but as mentioned above if you need them in
>a hurry just walk into dick smiths.


Where you can buy something of lesser quality for much more!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
Kerry wrote:
>>yep both are excellent companies but as mentioned above if you need them in
>>a hurry just walk into dick smiths.


> Where you can buy something of lesser quality for much more!


lesser quality?
whats the difference between a WD HDD from DSE or anywhere else?
DSE catalog number X7083 for instance.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz
http://www.dunedinwireless.co.nz
 
Reply With Quote
 
David McLoughlin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004
Kerry wrote:

> Samg wrote:


> >yep both are excellent companies but as mentioned above if you need them in
> >a hurry just walk into dick smiths.

>
> Where you can buy something of lesser quality for much more!


They are so expensive I try to avoid them. But I have to go there from
time to time to get a new earplug set for the radio I take on my
morning runs. I am talking about a simple thing with two tiny
earpieces and a thin cord that plugs into the radio. They are
something like $9.99 at bloody Dick Smiths (the only place I have
found them either here in Welly or in Auckland) -- and the radio
didn't cost much more than that.

The things should cost no more than about $1. Does anyone know of
anyone else who sells them?

david the bargain hunter (whose $3 watch from the $2 shop has kept
perfect time for three months now, far better than the old $200 watch
that needed $100 in repairs every year for the previous four years).
 
Reply With Quote
 
brundlefly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2004

"samg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94FBF25F7AA2Bsamg@203.97.37.6...
> (E-Mail Removed)conz (Kerry) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> >
> > I like Ascent and Paradigm Computers
> >

>
> yep both are excellent companies but as mentioned above if you need them

in
> a hurry just walk into dick smiths.


Or Atech opposite the Chaffers New World
http://atech.co.nz/
They usually have stock where Paradigm, Ascent etc don't.
That said, Paradigm and Ascent always have this stuff overnight.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments