Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A slow day again so try this

A slow day again so try this

Collector

The LED has crept into our world with style and stealth.

*Just how many LEDs can you see from your current position.*

0-3: Me and my laptop
4-9: .and I can see the wireless router
10-19: Too many gadgets
20-39: Your sitting in a Boy Racer
40-99: Christmas all year 'round
100-499: The goggles, they do nothing!
500+: Tan, don't burn

Now this is a plagerised idea, but it will surprise some people when
they look around and count them, myself I can see 8 and one of those is
the high brightness type that the idiot manufactures just love to put
below the viewing area of a TV, Ahg!

Dogg

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:43:27 +1200, Collector
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The LED has crept into our world with style and stealth.
>
>*Just how many LEDs can you see from your current position.*
>
>0-3: Me and my laptop
>4-9: .and I can see the wireless router
>10-19: Too many gadgets
>20-39: Your sitting in a Boy Racer
>40-99: Christmas all year 'round
>100-499: The goggles, they do nothing!
>500+: Tan, don't burn
>
>Now this is a plagerised idea, but it will surprise some people when
>they look around and count them, myself I can see 8 and one of those is
>the high brightness type that the idiot manufactures just love to put
>below the viewing area of a TV, Ahg!

12 here. 2 PC's and an ADSL router.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector wrote:
> Now this is a plagerised idea, but it will surprise some people when
> they look around and count them, myself I can see 8 and one of those is
> the high brightness type that the idiot manufactures just love to put
> below the viewing area of a TV, Ahg!

mines 100-499... but only because I have 60 new dells sitting in my
office, at 2 a piece... if I had unpacked the keyboards, it'd be another
3 per machine

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Collector

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Collector wrote:
>
>> Now this is a plagerised idea, but it will surprise some people when
>> they look around and count them, myself I can see 8 and one of those
>> is the high brightness type that the idiot manufactures just love to
>> put below the viewing area of a TV, Ahg!

> mines 100-499... but only because I have 60 new dells sitting in my
> office, at 2 a piece... if I had unpacked the keyboards, it'd be
> another 3 per machine

Perhaps I should have qualified it , "Leds which are lit up"

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector wrote:
>> mines 100-499... but only because I have 60 new dells sitting in my
>> office, at 2 a piece... if I had unpacked the keyboards, it'd be
>> another 3 per machine

> Perhaps I should have qualified it , "Leds which are lit up"

ok then... 50-99... they're ghosting at the moment.

--

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Collector wrote:
>
>>> mines 100-499... but only because I have 60 new dells sitting in my
>>> office, at 2 a piece... if I had unpacked the keyboards, it'd be
>>> another 3 per machine

>> Perhaps I should have qualified it , "Leds which are lit up"

> ok then... 50-99... they're ghosting at the moment.

A question, Purchased or Leased Dells?

Palm

"Collector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The LED has crept into our world with style and stealth.
>
> *Just how many LEDs can you see from your current position.*
>
> 0-3: Me and my laptop
> 4-9: .and I can see the wireless router
> 10-19: Too many gadgets
> 20-39: Your sitting in a Boy Racer
> 40-99: Christmas all year 'round
> 100-499: The goggles, they do nothing!
> 500+: Tan, don't burn
>
> Now this is a plagerised idea, but it will surprise some people when
> they look around and count them, myself I can see 8 and one of those is
> the high brightness type that the idiot manufactures just love to put
> below the viewing area of a TV, Ahg!

26 ... couple of pcs (10), cable modem (5), router (, tv (1), stereo(1),
tv cable box (1) these are all 'on', quite a few other leds off at the mo.

Nik Coughin

Collector wrote:
> The LED has crept into our world with style and stealth.
>
> *Just how many LEDs can you see from your current position.*
>
> 0-3: Me and my laptop
> 4-9: .and I can see the wireless router
> 10-19: Too many gadgets
> 20-39: Your sitting in a Boy Racer
> 40-99: Christmas all year 'round
> 100-499: The goggles, they do nothing!
> 500+: Tan, don't burn
>
> Now this is a plagerised idea, but it will surprise some people when
> they look around and count them, myself I can see 8 and one of those
> is the high brightness type that the idiot manufactures just love to
> put below the viewing area of a TV, Ahg!

Too many to be bothered counting. Estimate around 100 which are turned on,
probably another 100 which aren't.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector wrote:
>>> Perhaps I should have qualified it , "Leds which are lit up"

>> ok then... 50-99... they're ghosting at the moment.

> A question, Purchased or Leased Dells?

Leased.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz
http://www.dunedinwireless.co.nz

steve

Collector wrote:

> Now this is a plagerised idea, but it will surprise some people when
> they look around and count them, myself I can see 8 and one of those is
> the high brightness type that the idiot manufactures just love to put
> below the viewing area of a TV, Ahg!

They are all 'state indicators'.

Without them, you'd have no idea what is happening inside those objects.

You must own too many of them. Should I come 'round and take a few to
help reduce the glare?