Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > v8 supercars 2 anyone playing it?

v8 supercars 2 anyone playing it?

cowboyz

I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't get out
of the way.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

cowboyz wrote:
> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't get out
> of the way.

ahem, you have a V8 too... push them out of the way... jees.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Waylon Smithers

cowboyz wrote:
> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
> get out of the way.

Try www.gpforums.co.nz there's a few gamers who hang out there who may be
able to help you more.

~!@#$%^&*()_+

Millhouse : "We started off like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy"

cowboyz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> cowboyz wrote:
>> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
>> get out of the way.

> ahem, you have a V8 too... push them out of the way... jees.

But the little woman is always on about me not driving in driving games like
I drive in real life... or was that the other way around?

cowboyz

Waylon Smithers wrote:
> cowboyz wrote:
>> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
>> get out of the way.

> Try www.gpforums.co.nz there's a few gamers who hang out there who
> may be able to help you more.
>
> ~!@#$%^&*()_+
>
> Millhouse : "We started off like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in
> tragedy"

many thanx. will check it out.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

cowboyz wrote:
> But the little woman is always on about me not driving in driving games like
> I drive in real life... or was that the other way around?

reminds me of a story I read the other day...
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/g...s_6099376.html

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz
http://www.dunedinwireless.co.nz

E. Scrooge

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9g7s5$l9m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't get

out
> of the way.

Hey, Cowboyz!
Does the damn "F" key work when playing the full version of V8 S2?
I've just got the demo. It looks good and is challenging enough without
being impossible, but just a bit more realism is definitely needed.
Surely when one gets rammed and side swiped by some other idiot racer that
should be driving a damn stock car instead, it should be just a matter of
hitting the damn "F" key to give the prick the message. In other words a
hand popping out the window to give the prick the usual waving Two finger
salute.
If it's not in the full version, hopefully they'll bring out a special patch
with it just to make the racing look a bit more realistic... and fun of
course in giving another key to hit while trying to control the car.

E. Scrooge

cowboyz

E. Scrooge wrote:
> "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c9g7s5$l9m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I got it yesterday but am stuck on season 3 cause the POS cars won't
>> get out of the way.

> Hey, Cowboyz!
> Does the damn "F" key work when playing the full version of V8 S2?
> I've just got the demo. It looks good and is challenging enough
> without being impossible, but just a bit more realism is definitely
> needed.

Nope, you can't hang your hand out the window. To be honest it has a few
problems. The game that is.

In carreer mode EVERYONE drives like dodgem cars. And the goals are really
really hard. Like you start in 17th place and have to finish in the top 2
and have 2 laps to do it. The only way I have found of doing it (I am up to
58% of carreer mode) is to drive really hard into the corners and bounce off
other cars to make it around. You can't pass anything in a striaght line
even if your cornering is good.
Bathurst is very very sad. It is a little better with the 1.2 patch but
still wrong. Over the skyline you touch the ground for about 3 seconds of
the 30 it takes to get across it. It is like playing a rally game.
Also you can cut major corners cause the sand traps just don't. I have done
a 1.42 around bathurst which is just wrong. I would have preferred to see
more realistic times. If you are disciplined enough to race on the track
you can do a 1.50 and that is moving and really exciting racing.
You can set free mode and race whatever you want. Even do the full bathurst
1000 which is great. Except you can't save you game so you have to do the
full 5 hours in one stretch. I would love to race an entire bathurst race
but haven't the time to sit down for 5 hours striaght and play it. One day
I will.

The upsides. Graphics are amoung the most amazing I have seen in a racing
game. I am playing it on a 9800pro and it is stunning. Even after many
hours of playing I still get distracted by the scenery and miss the odd
corner.

> Surely when one gets rammed and side swiped by some other idiot racer
> that should be driving a damn stock car instead, it should be just a
> matter of hitting the damn "F" key to give the prick the message. In
> other words a hand popping out the window to give the prick the usual
> waving Two finger salute.

Even though it is not in the race if you bash enough then after the race a
guy will come up and give you a telling off which is quite funny really.

> If it's not in the full version, hopefully they'll bring out a
> special patch with it just to make the racing look a bit more
> realistic... and fun of course in giving another key to hit while
> trying to control the car.
>
> E. Scrooge

samg

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c9mnc8$620$(E-Mail Removed):

> In carreer mode EVERYONE drives like dodgem cars. And the goals are
> really really hard. Like you start in 17th place and have to finish
> in the top 2 and have 2 laps to do it. The only way I have found of
> doing it (I am up to 58% of carreer mode) is to drive really hard into
> the corners and bounce off other cars to make it around. You can't
> pass anything in a striaght line even if your cornering is good.
> Bathurst is very very sad. It is a little better with the 1.2 patch
> but still wrong. Over the skyline you touch the ground for about 3
> seconds of the 30 it takes to get across it. It is like playing a
> rally game. Also you can cut major corners cause the sand traps just
> don't. I have done a 1.42 around bathurst which is just wrong. I
> would have preferred to see more realistic times.

yeah but they designed it be halfway between a sim and and an action game.

E. Scrooge

"samg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c9mnc8$620$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > In carreer mode EVERYONE drives like dodgem cars. And the goals are
> > really really hard. Like you start in 17th place and have to finish
> > in the top 2 and have 2 laps to do it. The only way I have found of
> > doing it (I am up to 58% of carreer mode) is to drive really hard into
> > the corners and bounce off other cars to make it around. You can't
> > pass anything in a striaght line even if your cornering is good.
> > Bathurst is very very sad. It is a little better with the 1.2 patch
> > but still wrong. Over the skyline you touch the ground for about 3
> > seconds of the 30 it takes to get across it. It is like playing a
> > rally game. Also you can cut major corners cause the sand traps just
> > don't. I have done a 1.42 around bathurst which is just wrong. I
> > would have preferred to see more realistic times.

> yeah but they designed it be halfway between a sim and and an action game.

You can thank the console market for that, and low grade consoles at that.
The PS3 will make a bit of a difference when it comes out. At least the PC
version has more cars in it and the better resolutions make it worthwhile.
The Xbox version looks nothing great hooked up to a projector in Harvey
Norman - too pixeled.

E. Scrooge

Anyone playing with higher order messaging in ruby? Christoffer Lernö Ruby 17 03-16-2007 11:06 PM
Anyone?? Anyone at all?? JDS HTML 2 09-29-2005 07:10 PM
Anyone playing Everquest II on Orcon UBS? Bottle Boy NZ Computing 0 02-21-2005 11:32 PM
Anyone know anyone in Toronto Canada that will write your Mcsa Exams MonkeyMunx Microsoft Certification 17 01-05-2004 03:37 PM
Anyone? Anyone? Steve Williams Python 0 09-16-2003 03:26 AM

Advertisments