Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ihug Ultra & wireless gateway

Ihug Ultra & wireless gateway

Alister F

I am about to connect with Ihug's satelite service. I understand I will be
supplied with a PCI card. Is there a stand alone modem box for Ihug's
service which would then plug directly into the cable/dsl port on my
wireless gateway, thus enabling a hardware firewall etc rather than my
having to use internet sharing and the PCI card.
I suppose having control over dialing may be an issue whereas cable/dsl are
'on all the time' services.
Any comments on the above or internet sharing with this service would be
appreciated.

XPD

"Alister F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am about to connect with Ihug's satelite service. I understand I will be
> supplied with a PCI card. Is there a stand alone modem box for Ihug's
> service which would then plug directly into the cable/dsl port on my
> wireless gateway, thus enabling a hardware firewall etc rather than my
> having to use internet sharing and the PCI card.
> I suppose having control over dialing may be an issue whereas cable/dsl

are
> 'on all the time' services.
> Any comments on the above or internet sharing with this service would be
> appreciated.

They were testing some when I worked there a few years ago, but the units
were too buggy (lousy driver support IIRC) and not cheap....