Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PC User CD, Dreamweaver install not working

PC User CD, Dreamweaver install not working

Jonski

I've just tried to install Macromedia Dreamweaver MX2004 from the PC
User CD magazine that came out in March.

As InstallShield unpacks it, I get:

The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are
attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of
the file, verify its integrity, and try again.

Has anybody else had this problem?

The CD is fresh from the box. I tried copying it to the desktop but no
joy there either. I am running 98se, with 128 Mb.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Jon

PS Fireworks on the same CD gives the same problem...?

riff

"Jonski" <!(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just tried to install Macromedia Dreamweaver MX2004 from the PC
> User CD magazine that came out in March.
>
> As InstallShield unpacks it, I get:
>
> The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are
> attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of
> the file, verify its integrity, and try again.
>
> Has anybody else had this problem?
>
> The CD is fresh from the box. I tried copying it to the desktop but no
> joy there either. I am running 98se, with 128 Mb.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jon
>
> PS Fireworks on the same CD gives the same problem...?

I had the problem of not even being able to open the cd on that month issue.
cheers

Dave Taylor

"riff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:N5Cuc.4837$(E-Mail Removed):

>> The CD is fresh from the box. I tried copying it to the desktop but
>> no joy there either. I am running 98se, with 128 Mb.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Jon
>>
>> PS Fireworks on the same CD gives the same problem...?

> I had the problem of not even being able to open the cd on that month
> issue. cheers

Try using ISO Buster to open the CD and copy the files off to the hard
drive. Run the install from the copied folder.

http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

Ciao, Dave