Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Absolutely brand new mailbox - 2 emails with 'attachments'

Absolutely brand new mailbox - 2 emails with 'attachments'

paora

Heck, I haven't even used the friggin address and it's already getting
emails with virus attachments.

The both of them even had a message from my isp suggesting the mail
and it's attachments were virus-free. Forwarding them to a yahoo
address proved otherwise.

Southern Kiwi

"paora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Heck, I haven't even used the friggin address and it's already getting
> emails with virus attachments.
> The both of them even had a message from my isp suggesting the mail
> and it's attachments were virus-free. Forwarding them to a yahoo
> address proved otherwise.

Could either be a "recycled" address,your 'puter may be compromised (do you
run a firewall?) or some low life spammer trying various combinations of
letter etc.

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Peter Huebner

says...

> Heck, I haven't even used the friggin address and it's already getting
> emails with virus attachments.
>
> The both of them even had a message from my isp suggesting the mail
> and it's attachments were virus-free. Forwarding them to a yahoo
> address proved otherwise.

I seem to be getting a bit of spam at the moment that is obviously
addressed by a random character generator to (E-Mail Removed).
Permutations of my login appear on the to: line.
I wish there were a way to send those emails back triggering an
explosive charge on the spammers' power supply in the process ...
... or better still, a booby trap in the keyboard!

-Peter