Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Query

Query

?

Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

? wrote
> Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
> Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

Doubt it... I dont think that they made anything over 2.4GHz that fitted
into the RDram systems... more than willing to be corrected, but yeah, I
think i may even be being optimistic with the 2.4GHz.

PseUDO

? wrote:
> Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
> Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

What speed cpu is it running at the moment? I had a 2.53Ghz P4 running
533Mhz FSB on my RD ram system, and it was able to go up to the 3GHz
mark because it was the 478pin type.

The ealier P4 cpu's had the 423 pins, if your motherboard has that type
of pin setup then you will be limited to 2Ghz, from there on up Intel
only made the 478pin type cpu's.

PseUDO

steve

? wrote:
> Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
> Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

It would depend on what chipset is on the motherboard. Youcould eye-ball
by opening the system up......if you know your away around a motherboard.

Have you checked the Dell web site?

ASP.NET won't retrieve query results that depend on union query Eric Nelson ASP .Net 5 02-04-2009 10:51 PM
Trying to query the Address table data of AdventureWorks database from Query Analyzer - need help! Learner ASP .Net 1 01-30-2006 08:58 PM
xpath query query David Gordon XML 2 05-18-2005 03:33 PM
CAML Query: Multiple Query Fields Issue Jon F. ASP .Net Web Services 0 05-12-2004 08:19 PM

Advertisments