Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Rupert and his Transmeta powered notebook

Rupert and his Transmeta powered notebook

Chris

Like the DSE model
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-
bin/dse.storefront/40b7fcfd0e9664ac273fc0a87f9907a2/Product/View/XC3394
or the Ascent ones

Was wondering if anybody has actually bought or used one. Rupert started a
thread back in March. Did you end up buying 1 Rupert ?

Does anyone have any particular links to reviews etc. ?

I had a look at one in DSE this afternoon and the finish seems OK and they
are quite small and light. If you were to buy an OEM copy of Windows XP
Pro it increases the price, sure, but other Notebooks in that price range
seem to have XP Home and are larger etc.
--
Chris

Rupert

No, I never got one - was just looking around for one for my folks getting
some idea of prices etc

news:40b80544$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Like the DSE model
> http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-
> bin/dse.storefront/40b7fcfd0e9664ac273fc0a87f9907a2/Product/View/XC3394
> or the Ascent ones
> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=121316
> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=121317
>
> Was wondering if anybody has actually bought or used one. Rupert started
> thread back in March. Did you end up buying 1 Rupert ?
>
> Does anyone have any particular links to reviews etc. ?
>
> I had a look at one in DSE this afternoon and the finish seems OK and they
> are quite small and light. If you were to buy an OEM copy of Windows XP
> Pro it increases the price, sure, but other Notebooks in that price range
> seem to have XP Home and are larger etc.
> --
> Chris
>
> "Two men walk into a bar. You'd think the second one would've ducked..."

Chris

"Rupert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c9bssg$4ro$(E-Mail Removed):

> No, I never got one - was just looking around for one for my folks
> getting some idea of prices etc

OK, thanks, I though I'd ask on the off chance ...