Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > acpi and msgsrv32

acpi and msgsrv32

J.Wilson

I'm using athlon1400, gigabyte ga-7vtx mb with
win98se. Power management is set to standby after
30 mins. Recovering from standby the screen
freezes with just the systray bar showing along the
bottom. Ctrl-Alt-Del brings up the following:

Explorer (Not responding)
Stimon
Systray
Dslagent
Gsicon
Msgsrv32 (Not responding)

Ctrl-Alt-Del has to be pressed four times before the
machine will re-boot. Then it runs OK.

Google tells me it is probably caused by acpi associated
with another program but my attempts to resolve it have
just caused other problems.

Would appreciate any input.

John

Dave Taylor

"J.Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:vwutc.10997
$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm using athlon1400, gigabyte ga-7vtx mb with
> win98se. Power management is set to standby after
> 30 mins. Recovering from standby the screen
> freezes with just the systray bar showing along the
> bottom. Ctrl-Alt-Del brings up the following:
>
> Explorer (Not responding)
> Stimon
> Systray
> Dslagent
> Gsicon
> Msgsrv32 (Not responding)
>
> Ctrl-Alt-Del has to be pressed four times before the
> machine will re-boot. Then it runs OK.
>
> Google tells me it is probably caused by acpi associated
> with another program but my attempts to resolve it have
> just caused other problems.
>
> Would appreciate any input.
>
> John

Have you tried reducing the video acceleration slide bar as a
troubleshooting method? Try updated or older video drivers.
Ciao, Dave

J.Wilson

"Dave Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94F784CDFAE7Cdaveytaynospamplshot@202.20.9 3.13...
> "J.Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:vwutc.10997
> $(E-Mail Removed):

> Have you tried reducing the video acceleration slide bar as a
> troubleshooting method? Try updated or older video drivers.
> Ciao, Dave

Yes. No difference.

Bart

"J.Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vwutc.10997$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using athlon1400, gigabyte ga-7vtx mb with
> win98se. Power management is set to standby after
> 30 mins. Recovering from standby the screen
> freezes with just the systray bar showing along the
> bottom. Ctrl-Alt-Del brings up the following:
>
> Explorer (Not responding)
> Stimon
> Systray
> Dslagent
> Gsicon
> Msgsrv32 (Not responding)
>
> Ctrl-Alt-Del has to be pressed four times before the
> machine will re-boot. Then it runs OK.
>
> Google tells me it is probably caused by acpi associated
> with another program but my attempts to resolve it have
> just caused other problems.
>
> Would appreciate any input.
>
> John

I had this problem a couple of years ago. Replaced msgsvr32 with a more
recent version (win ME from memory). checkout http://support.microsoft.com/