Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra news-server problems

Xtra news-server problems

Eric Stevens

For the last several weeks I have been experiencing problems
downloading headers and news groups from Xtra (Auckland). It keeps
crashing and giving me weird errors such as the most recent:

"ricing system, unlike anything else on the internet"

.... or one of the earlier ones:

"not sure what it means"

It seems to be some kind of buffer overrun or indexing problem on the
local news server. A while ago I had similar problems when faced with
downloading some 250 emails (I'd been away). Has anyone else been
experiencing similar problems?

Eric Stevens

Dave Taylor

Eric Stevens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

Perhaps you could see if it is your client. Checked for an update? I use
Xnews myself.
Ciao, Dave

Eric Stevens

On Tue, 25 May 2004 04:01:03 GMT, Dave Taylor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Eric Stevens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>Perhaps you could see if it is your client. Checked for an update? I use
>Xnews myself.

Its the latest brand-new version. Apart from that, I never had this
problem before I left Iprolink to go to Xtra.

Before you ask, I left Iprolink only because they were taken over by
Compass Communications which company has an unbelievably bad news
feed.

Eric Stevens

xtra problems geopelia NZ Computing 17 03-01-2006 10:01 AM
routing problems or Xtra Jetstream IP's blocked again? Pacific Dragon NZ Computing 3 01-14-2006 06:12 PM
Xtra news server problems *again* ~misfit~ NZ Computing 1 04-24-2004 11:45 AM
mta.xtra.co.nz.. Problems???? Mutlley NZ Computing 1 11-23-2003 10:41 PM
Anyone Having XTRA Email Problems Lately ? homerj NZ Computing 1 09-24-2003 10:28 PM

Advertisments