Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > BNZ Internet banking

BNZ Internet banking

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)> was seen to type:
>In article <c8s0oa$7se$(E-Mail Removed)>, "John" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>> <begin rant>
>> How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
>> At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
>> useless!
>> </end rant>

>Yep, I agree, perhaps a letter to the banking ombusman will help. I
>would also like to see any fees they charge if you overdraw (due to how
>far their system is behind!) should be refunded.

Have you ranted at the BNZ ? Yes I know ... there's no chance they'll
listen ... but you have to complain to them first IIRC

Bruce

Bruce

think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyones fault.
If it was Us, what did that make Me ? After all, Im one of Us. I must be.
Ive certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
of themselves as one of Them. Were always one of Us. Its Them that do

Caution === followups may have been changed to relevant groups
(if there weere any)

whoisthis

wrote:

> <begin rant>
> How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
> At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
> useless!
> </end rant>

Yep, I agree, perhaps a letter to the banking ombusman will help. I
would also like to see any fees they charge if you overdraw (due to how
far their system is behind!) should be refunded.

Palm

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c8s0oa$7se$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <begin rant>
> How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
> At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
> useless!
> </end rant>

I'm very happy with my bank they update immediately ... will show eftpos
transactions within minutes of being processed. Also can setup bill
payments, APs and pay anyone without the need to speak to anyone. Have a
ring around and compare what banks offer. ...J

I'm a Trampoline

Palm wrote:

> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c8s0oa$7se$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>><begin rant>
>>How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
>>At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
>>useless!
>></end rant>
>>

> I'm very happy with my bank they update immediately ... will show eftpos
> transactions within minutes of being processed. Also can setup bill
> payments, APs and pay anyone without the need to speak to anyone. Have a
> ring around and compare what banks offer. ...J

BNZ offer the last three things you mentioned without having to speak to
anyone. You might find all major banks do now.

I find BNZ OK at doing things through the website, they'll do basic
account management (closing, opening, changing account types) by their
messaging system without you having to call.

I wish the credit card balance was more up to date, if it had a running
balance with the figure on the day of the statement highlighted in a
different colour, that'd be useful. Updates to the regular accounts seem
sporadic. Sometimes my sister and I pay each other and see the effect
immedately when logged on at the same time, sometimes it takes 5 hours.

John

"I'm a Trampoline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > I'm very happy with my bank they update immediately ... will show eftpos
> > transactions within minutes of being processed. Also can setup bill
> > payments, APs and pay anyone without the need to speak to anyone.
> > Have a ring around and compare what banks offer. ...J

> BNZ offer the last three things you mentioned without having to speak to
> anyone. You might find all major banks do now.

from experience ANZ do not allow pay anyone by default need to ring to set
up, also all bill payments need to setup through phone, with westpac can
select from drop down menu.

> I wish the credit card balance was more up to date, if it had a running
> balance with the figure on the day of the statement highlighted in a
> different colour, that'd be useful. Updates to the regular accounts seem
> sporadic. Sometimes my sister and I pay each other and see the effect
> immedately when logged on at the same time, sometimes it takes 5 hours.

I notice that credit card details are slow to update also ... usually upto 3
days, i think thats quite normal for credit card transactions (esp. if from
overseas).

steve

John wrote:
> <begin rant>
> How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
> At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
> useless!
> </end rant>

The four major banks are all like that. They update Friday night....then
next update is Monday night.

The ANZ fudges it for the Internet banking by using cookies. But if you
access your account half way thorugh the weekend from a DIFFERENT PC,
you are presented with the same data from Friday night....though your
available balance does tend to reflect any weekend transactions - just
as you see the same thing via an ATM:

balance: $500
available to withdraw: $180 (or whatever)

Robert

ANZ/Mastercard actually gave me a refund.
Paid my mastercard bill on the Friday which was due on the Sunday.
Appeared on my mastercard statement as paid on the Friday but processed on
the Monday so I was charged a months interest!!
I disputed the charge & got a refund.

"steve" <steve@mozilla-thunderbird0.6.org.nz> wrote in message
news:40b1a523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> John wrote:
> > <begin rant>
> > How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
> > At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
> > useless!
> > </end rant>

> The four major banks are all like that. They update Friday night....then
> next update is Monday night.
>
> The ANZ fudges it for the Internet banking by using cookies. But if you
> access your account half way thorugh the weekend from a DIFFERENT PC,
> you are presented with the same data from Friday night....though your
> available balance does tend to reflect any weekend transactions - just
> as you see the same thing via an ATM:
>
> balance: $500
> available to withdraw: $180 (or whatever)

Patrick Dunford

In article <40b1a523$(E-Mail Removed)>, steve@mozilla-
thunderbird0.6.org.nz says...
> John wrote:
> > <begin rant>
> > How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
> > At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
> > useless!
> > </end rant>

> The four major banks are all like that. They update Friday night....then
> next update is Monday night.

Not true. I get instant updating on my bank's website.

The site will usually tell you when it is not going to be updated
immediately. In my experience it only applies to bill payments which are
processed the same day during the week up to a certain time, or the next
banking day if applicable.

Deposits from another bank or account may well not be recorded until the
next day, I can see immediate changes from making transfers between my
accounts.

Patrick Dunford

In article <40b1a523$(E-Mail Removed)>, steve@mozilla-
thunderbird0.6.org.nz says...
> John wrote:
> > <begin rant>
> > How come BNZ internet banking takes so long to update??
> > At 5:20 pm on Monday I can see my account balance as of last Friday,
> > useless!

Not because of a cheque is it? They always take six working days to
clear.