Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How to convert pdf to jpeg?

How to convert pdf to jpeg?

samg

Anyone know of a program that will convert a pdf file to a jpeg, preferably
freeware or shareware with trial?

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <Xns94F3AD45F4C29samg@203.97.37.6>, samg <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyone know of a program that will convert a pdf file to a jpeg, preferably
>freeware or shareware with trial?

Probably GhostScript.

Divine

On Mon, 24 May 2004 17:12:38 +1200, Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:

>>Anyone know of a program that will convert a pdf file to a jpeg,
>>preferably freeware or shareware with trial?

> Probably GhostScript.

Yep - GhostScript will definitely do the job. That's the programme I
regularly used for converting M$ Publisher files (via postscript printer
output) into GIF images.

Should also have GhostView - the front end GUI.

GhostScript is fabulous!

Divine

--
The Queen's Mother: "Well I don't know what all you queens are doing,
but this old Queen wants a drink."

steve

samg wrote:
> Anyone know of a program that will convert a pdf file to a jpeg, preferably
> freeware or shareware with trial?

screen capture will do it. One for each page.

Allistar

samg wrote:

> Anyone know of a program that will convert a pdf file to a jpeg,
> preferably freeware or shareware with trial?

Easy to do on the command line:

pdf2ps file.pdf file.ps
convert file.ps file.jpeg

All with free (open source) software.

The "convert" command has quite a few options, such as adding a border to
the output image etc.

Allistar.

brundlefly

"samg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone know of a program that will convert a pdf file to a jpeg,

preferably
> freeware or shareware with trial?

HyperSnap
http://www.hyperionics.com/