Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > BitTorrent shifts smaller files

BitTorrent shifts smaller files

Gordon

Right there on

http://www.mozilla.org/

is the option to download Mozilla 1.7rc2 via BitTorrent. Now up until now
BitTorrent has been suggested as being used for 700MB iso images.

It seems that we now have the case of the 30MB download would benefit from
BitTorrent. Suddenly even dial up seems to have been invited to the party.
After all even at 33.6K 250KB (a Bit slice) does not take that long.

The network is fast becoming an equal two way traffic. It is reaching
maturity. Now, why do we need to have a monolopy thrown into the mix?

-[Myth]-

On Sun, 23 May 2004 18:40:53 +1200, Gordon wrote:

> Right there on
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/
>
> is the option to download Mozilla 1.7rc2 via BitTorrent. Now up until now
> BitTorrent has been suggested as being used for 700MB iso images.
>
> It seems that we now have the case of the 30MB download would benefit from
> BitTorrent. Suddenly even dial up seems to have been invited to the party.
> After all even at 33.6K 250KB (a Bit slice) does not take that long.
>
> The network is fast becoming an equal two way traffic. It is reaching
> maturity. Now, why do we need to have a monolopy thrown into the mix?

im just downloading mozilla 1.7 RC2 with azureus, and the speed is just as
good as downloading via http, im getting about 15kb/s which is my crap
connections max.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

-[Myth]- wrote:
> im getting about 15kb/s which is my crap
> connections max.

you don't like it, pay for a faster one.