Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Credit Card Processing

Credit Card Processing

Michael Payne

Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
transfer the funds to your bank account.

Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
CGI/Perl).

Blinky the Shark

alt.www.webmaster

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

Tarla

On Sun, 23 May 2004 03:28:39 +1200, "Michael Payne"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
>(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
>transfer the funds to your bank account.
>
>Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
>CGI/Perl).

Are you talking about eftpos and credit card transactions? You must
have a merchant id with ETSL or ASB transaction server. You'd have to
give me a bit more info, before I could actually give you a detailed
answer. Are you in NZ? You can make private arrangements with anyone
to use their account and send you your portion, but there's the
question of trust and accountability to take into consideration.

steve

Michael Payne wrote:
> Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
> (preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
> transfer the funds to your bank account.
>
> Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
> CGI/Perl).

Maybe....but the tax implications usually make more transparency a good
thing.

If the person/company doing the processing on your behalf is also seen
as receiving the revenue, they will incur a tax liability that really
should be yours.

On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:32:53 +1200, Tarla <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 23 May 2004 03:28:39 +1200, "Michael Payne"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
>>(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
>>transfer the funds to your bank account.
>>
>>Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
>>CGI/Perl).
>>

>Are you talking about eftpos and credit card transactions? You must
>have a merchant id with ETSL or ASB transaction server. You'd have to
>give me a bit more info, before I could actually give you a detailed
>answer. Are you in NZ? You can make private arrangements with anyone
>to use their account and send you your portion, but there's the
>question of trust and accountability to take into consideration.

And its usually a breach of the merchant holders terms & conditions to
use it as a processing house for another party or to use it for
non-core business activity.

Even if you did find a merchant to this on your behalf, it may be
difficult to work out the merchant fees.

Collector

Michael Payne wrote:

>Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
>(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
>transfer the funds to your bank account.
>
>Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
>CGI/Perl).

An only CC payment system is operated by WebFarm http://webfarm.co.nz
They have a system called world pay, but the fees are not cheap (setup etc)

Tarla

On Sat, 22 May 2004 23:40:55 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (A) wrote:

>On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:32:53 +1200, Tarla <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 23 May 2004 03:28:39 +1200, "Michael Payne"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
>>>(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
>>>transfer the funds to your bank account.
>>>
>>>Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
>>>CGI/Perl).
>>>

>>Are you talking about eftpos and credit card transactions? You must
>>have a merchant id with ETSL or ASB transaction server.

(oh my god, I can't believe I wrote that...ANZ server, not ASB)

>You'd have to
>>give me a bit more info, before I could actually give you a detailed
>>answer. Are you in NZ? You can make private arrangements with anyone
>>to use their account and send you your portion, but there's the
>>question of trust and accountability to take into consideration.

>And its usually a breach of the merchant holders terms & conditions to
>use it as a processing house for another party or to use it for
>non-core business activity.

Actually that can be done. Particularly in cases of short term use.

>Even if you did find a merchant to this on your behalf, it may be
>difficult to work out the merchant fees.

They're usually a set percentage of the amount in dollars that are
transacted.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
>(preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
>transfer the funds to your bank account.
>
>Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
>CGI/Perl).

The charge for transactions on the ETSL server are very low, something
like $10 a month. The cost is from the bank taking its cut of the
credit card charges, and the cost of setting up a merchant account.
Fortunately, all you have to do is threaten ANZ with any of the other
four banks and vice versa. They'll deal with you if you threaten to
give the business to another server.

Chris Mayhew

Michael Payne wrote:
> Without setting up a merchant bank account - is it possible to have someone
> (preferably New Zealand based) to do the processing on your behalf and
> transfer the funds to your bank account.
>
> Preferably also issue logins etc (simalar to Paypal - prefer not to use
> CGI/Perl).

You could try www.pl.net.nz I know they use to do it.

Chris Mayhew

That should have been http://www.pl.net/

Credit card processing Kikoz ASP .Net 3 05-19-2004 06:38 PM
Credit Card Processing Guadala Harry ASP .Net 2 02-20-2004 04:22 AM
Credit card processing Ray ASP .Net 3 11-15-2003 07:43 AM
Credit card processing redstar Perl 0 07-11-2003 07:38 AM

Advertisments