Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Saving screen resolution

Saving screen resolution

Roger Marriott

I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
(and visa vers)?

Thanks Roger

Richard

Roger Marriott wrote:

> I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
> computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
> (and visa vers)?

Cant on XP, back on 2000 they were independent between users, but they removed
that feature to allow the multiuser thing to happen

Allistar

Roger Marriott wrote:

> I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
> computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
> (and visa vers)?
>
> Thanks Roger

What operating system are you running?

If using Linux with KDE3.2 you should be able to set the resolution as a
user dependant thing. I'm not sure the XF86Config-4 file can be made to be
user specific.

If some form of Windows - sorry I don't know.

Allistar.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
> computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
> (and visa vers)?
>
> Thanks Roger

Read this:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper...ems/Win2000/Q_
20967158.html

Divine

On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:48:48 +1200, Richard wrote:

> Cant on XP, back on 2000 they were independent between users, but they
> removed that feature to allow the multiuser thing to happen

That doesn't make any sense to me - that they remove a user-specific
configuration making one setting for all persons in a multi-user context.

Surely multiple users should all have their own UI settings.

Divine

--
The Queen's Mother: "Well I don't know what all you queens are doing,
but this old Queen wants a drink."

paul

"Roger Marriott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
> computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
> (and visa vers)?
>
> Thanks Roger

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

Roger Marriott

Thanks for the replies

for the record I am using XP, silly of me not to say.

I am about to try the utilities Paul put me onto.

news:40af2392$(E-Mail Removed)...