Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OE newsreader

OE newsreader

news@11.00

whilst setting up my newsgroups i accidently checked the 'don't show me
again' option in the do you want to subscribe to this newsgroup box.

now every ng i look at is automatically subscribed to

how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
subscribing to ng's ?

thanks.

frederick

"news@11.00" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vXgrc.7887$(E-Mail Removed)...
> whilst setting up my newsgroups i accidently checked the 'don't show me
> again' option in the do you want to subscribe to this newsgroup box.
>
> now every ng i look at is automatically subscribed to
>
> how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
> subscribing to ng's ?
>

> thanks.

lol - I don't think that there is a simple way, but then again I am surprised
that anybody cares whether it shows that dialog box or not!

The not simple - but only way might be to edit the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\S oftware\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\5.0\Dont Show Dialogs

The xxxxxxxx part is the user ID of the identity you use - unless you have set
up more than one identity in OE, it should be the only one there.

Remove the entire registry entry (key name and value) for "Ask Subscribe".

Mission accomplished - a lot of pain for not a lot of gain.

Invoice is in the mail.

Kookaburra

On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:36:12 +1200, "frederick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>lol - I don't think that there is a simple way, but then again I am surprised
>that anybody cares whether it shows that dialog box or not!
>
>The not simple - but only way might be to edit the following registry key:
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\ Software\Microsoft\Outlook
>Express\5.0\Dont Show Dialogs
>
>The xxxxxxxx part is the user ID of the identity you use - unless you have set
>up more than one identity in OE, it should be the only one there.
>
>Remove the entire registry entry (key name and value) for "Ask Subscribe".
>
>Mission accomplished - a lot of pain for not a lot of gain.
>
>Invoice is in the mail.

You certainly know your stuff. It was relatively painless to do.

I guess the person doing the asking knows how to get into his/her
registry. ))

Cheers, Kooky

news@11.00

"frederick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> lol - I don't think that there is a simple way, but then again I am

surprised
> that anybody cares whether it shows that dialog box or not!

Mucho gracias fred !!!

Most ppl couldn't give a stuff but I found it a pain to have auto
subscription to ng's that I might never visit again.

Thanks for the help.

Cheque is in the mail.

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:36:12 +1200, "frederick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"news@11.00" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:vXgrc.7887$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> whilst setting up my newsgroups i accidently checked the 'don't show me
>> again' option in the do you want to subscribe to this newsgroup box.
>>
>> now every ng i look at is automatically subscribed to
>>
>> how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
>> subscribing to ng's ?
>>

>> thanks.
>>

>lol - I don't think that there is a simple way, but then again I am surprised
>that anybody cares whether it shows that dialog box or not!
>
>The not simple - but only way might be to edit the following registry key:
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\ Software\Microsoft\Outlook
>Express\5.0\Dont Show Dialogs
>
>The xxxxxxxx part is the user ID of the identity you use - unless you have set
>up more than one identity in OE, it should be the only one there.
>
>Remove the entire registry entry (key name and value) for "Ask Subscribe".
>
>Mission accomplished - a lot of pain for not a lot of gain.
>
>Invoice is in the mail.

Kerrie Felderton

Roger Sheppard, using his alias "The GHOST of WOGER", wrote:

> Utter Crap get a Real News Reader..

You have also posted that Forte Agent 2 is crap. Quotes below.

Take your own advice.

: From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
: Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:50:41 +1200
:
: Agent 2 is full of Crap & to Many Bugs..

: From: (E-Mail Removed)
: Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:00:05 +1300
:
: Forte I know one thing you will never ever get any more money from me for such
: a Crap product..

--
Kerrie

Divine

On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:01:50 +1200, news@11.00 wrote:

> how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
> subscribing to ng's ?

In case you hadn't noticed, on the keyboard attached to your computer you
have two buttons marked "Shift" and one marked "Caps Lock". You use these
buttons to produce capital letters for the beginnings of sentences and for
the perpendicular pronoun, and for proper nouns.

Please conform to this standard English convention.

Divine

--
The Queen's Mother: "Well I don't know what all you queens are doing,
but this old Queen wants a drink."

Patrick Dunford

In article <pan.2004.05.22.06.07.33.320245@TRACKER>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:01:50 +1200, news@11.00 wrote:
>
> > how do i uncheck that box and revert back to having the system ask before
> > subscribing to ng's ?

> In case you hadn't noticed, on the keyboard attached to your computer you
> have two buttons marked "Shift" and one marked "Caps Lock". You use these
> buttons to produce capital letters for the beginnings of sentences and for
> the perpendicular pronoun, and for proper nouns.
>
> Please conform to this standard English convention.

In case you hadn't noticed, your computer has a mouse attached to it,
that you can use to shut it down instead of posting crap in newsgroups.

get a life

Kookaburra

On Sat, 22 May 2004 02:22:40 GMT, Kerrie Felderton
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Roger Sheppard, using his alias "The GHOST of WOGER", wrote:
>
>> Utter Crap get a Real News Reader..

>You have also posted that Forte Agent 2 is crap. Quotes below.

Forte Agent 2 is crap and they won't be getting any more money out of
me in a hurry either. I've used Agent for years and rushed in an
upgraded straight away when version 2 came out much to my sorrow.

Cheers, Kooky