Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > transmata laptops?

transmata laptops?

v3

Anyone know much about these budget laptops, they look quite good design
externally but I have no idea of the quality.. probly very slow compared to
other laptops. Im interested in the clevo M385C 15inch widescreen model, the
screen res was nice and clear.

Patrick Dunford

In article <c8hf5f$u75$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Anyone know much about these budget laptops, they look quite good design
> externally but I have no idea of the quality.. probly very slow compared to
> other laptops. Im interested in the clevo M385C 15inch widescreen model, the
> screen res was nice and clear.

The CPU is not x86, it's a different type running an emulation, good low
power characteristics. The Dick Smith one had no PC card slots, not such
good value when you look a little closer.

Mike_P

"v3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c8hf5f$u75$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know much about these budget laptops, they look quite good design
> externally but I have no idea of the quality.. probly very slow compared

> other laptops. Im interested in the clevo M385C 15inch widescreen model,

the
> screen res was nice and clear.

Have you got a link ?

v3

"Mike_P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40ac55af$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "v3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c8hf5f$u75$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone know much about these budget laptops, they look quite good design
> > externally but I have no idea of the quality.. probly very slow compared

> > other laptops. Im interested in the clevo M385C 15inch widescreen model,

> the
> > screen res was nice and clear.
> >

> Have you got a link ?

the transmata is sold at most cpu shops.

but I can only find the clevo M385C sold at orange computers
http://www.orangecomputers.co.nz/afa...rs_Products=72

if anyone knows another shop that sells the clevo M385C model let me know
please.Ive asked a few but there suppliers dont sell it...

v3

"Mike_P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40ac55af$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "v3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c8hf5f$u75$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone know much about these budget laptops, they look quite good design
> > externally but I have no idea of the quality.. probly very slow compared

> > other laptops. Im interested in the clevo M385C 15inch widescreen model,

> the
> > screen res was nice and clear.
> >

> Have you got a link ?

the transmata is sold at most cpu shops.

but I can only find the clevo M385C sold at orange computers
http://www.orangecomputers.co.nz/afa...rs_Products=72

if anyone knows another shop that sells the clevo M385C model let me know
please.Ive asked a few but there suppliers dont sell it...

Nicholas Sherlock

v3 wrote:
> the transmata is sold at most cpu shops.
> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=121317

It's called "Transmeta", not "transmata".

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Andrew

v3, when stopped by the local constabulary on 21/05/2004 12:36 a.m.,
made the following statement:

[snip]

> but I can only find the clevo M385C sold at orange computers
> http://www.orangecomputers.co.nz/afa...rs_Products=72

Ahhhm... 'scuse me.

"CENTRINO"?
"Pentium M 1.5GHz"?

This is no Transmeta, Batman.

THESE are Transmeta powered laptops:
http://tinyurl.com/35fa2
http://tinyurl.com/28cb2

--
Andrew
http://www.evil.geek.nz/

Patrick Dunford

In article <c8i8dv$lfo$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Mike_P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40ac55af$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "v3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c8hf5f$u75$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Anyone know much about these budget laptops, they look quite good design
> > > externally but I have no idea of the quality.. probly very slow compared

> > > other laptops. Im interested in the clevo M385C 15inch widescreen model,

> > the
> > > screen res was nice and clear.
> > >

> > Have you got a link ?
> >

> the transmata is sold at most cpu shops.
> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=121317
>
> but I can only find the clevo M385C sold at orange computers
> http://www.orangecomputers.co.nz/afa...rs_Products=72
>
> if anyone knows another shop that sells the clevo M385C model let me know
> please.Ive asked a few but there suppliers dont sell it...

Some of their models are made by elitegroup of taiwan/china

www.ecs.co.tw

J.Random Luser

In article <c8i8dv$lfo$(E-Mail Removed)>, "v3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> the transmata is sold at most cpu shops.

^^^^^^^

> http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=121317

transmeta

the company where Linus Torvalds went
Chips are supposed to do software emulation of almost any hardware, much
more efficiently than any hardware emulator

I believe these chips are in one of the Indian low cost pcs

Patrick Dunford

In article <7V7rc.3248$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> v3, when stopped by the local constabulary on 21/05/2004 12:36 a.m.,
> made the following statement:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > but I can only find the clevo M385C sold at orange computers
> > http://www.orangecomputers.co.nz/afa...rs_Products=72

Useless website