Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DVD writer software

DVD writer software

Brett Cooper

I just got a dvd writer and the software that came with it SUCKS,
so I'm looking at getting something else for it. I enjoyed Nero with my
CDR and am thinking of getting it in the DVD version.

Any comments or recommendations welcome.

Brett

mario

Nero works well for me.
You may want to try the following before you part with money as they may
do the job for you.

http://www.burnatonce.com/
http://www.deepburner.com/

mario

Brett Cooper wrote:
> I just got a dvd writer and the software that came with it SUCKS,
> so I'm looking at getting something else for it. I enjoyed Nero with my
> CDR and am thinking of getting it in the DVD version.
>
> Any comments or recommendations welcome.
>
> Brett

Brett Cooper

Thanks Mario,

I'm downloading DeepBurner as the burnatonce requires winXP.
The deepburner sounds like what I'm looking for.

Brett

On Tue, 18 May 2004 18:51:43 +1200, mario <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Nero works well for me.
>You may want to try the following before you part with money as they may
>do the job for you.
>
>http://www.burnatonce.com/
>http://www.deepburner.com/
>
>mario
>
>Brett Cooper wrote:
>> I just got a dvd writer and the software that came with it SUCKS,
>> so I'm looking at getting something else for it. I enjoyed Nero with my
>> CDR and am thinking of getting it in the DVD version.
>>
>> Any comments or recommendations welcome.
>>
>> Brett

GraB

I have Win98SE and Burnatonce .99b which I have used with success.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 20:16:07 +1200, Brett Cooper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks Mario,
>
>I'm downloading DeepBurner as the burnatonce requires winXP.
>The deepburner sounds like what I'm looking for.
>
>Brett
>
>On Tue, 18 May 2004 18:51:43 +1200, mario <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Nero works well for me.
>>You may want to try the following before you part with money as they may
>>do the job for you.
>>
>>http://www.burnatonce.com/
>>http://www.deepburner.com/
>>
>>mario
>>
>>Brett Cooper wrote:
>>> I just got a dvd writer and the software that came with it SUCKS,
>>> so I'm looking at getting something else for it. I enjoyed Nero with my
>>> CDR and am thinking of getting it in the DVD version.
>>>
>>> Any comments or recommendations welcome.
>>>
>>> Brett

zog

I rather fancy myself as a bit of a CD/DVD burner guru. I have Roxio (used
to have nero), Fireburner, CloneDVD, and Blindwrite, and Alcohol 120%. Some
do different tasks better than others. To make an image: Alcohol 12% is the
general weapon of choice and is absolutely super with CDs also. For music I
use Roxio. For backing up movies CloneDVD 2 is tops! I have not used Nero
for a while now. It was ok as a general tool. I gave up on it because the
Packet Writing with Roxio worked better for me.

"Brett Cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I just got a dvd writer and the software that came with it SUCKS,
> so I'm looking at getting something else for it. I enjoyed Nero with my
> CDR and am thinking of getting it in the DVD version.
>
> Any comments or recommendations welcome.
>
> Brett

mario

Hey Zog,

have you ever tried DVD Shrink (http://www.dvdshrink.org/)?
If so how does it compare with CloneDVD 2.

mario

zog wrote:

For backing up movies CloneDVD 2 is tops!

C_Lyon

"mario" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aXuqc.2902$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey Zog,
>
> have you ever tried DVD Shrink (http://www.dvdshrink.org/)?
> If so how does it compare with CloneDVD 2.
>
> mario
>
> zog wrote:
>
> For backing up movies CloneDVD 2 is tops!

There's a setting in dvdshrink that allows you to use nero to burn.
DVD decrypter is good for single layer disk's and I use dvdshrink for dual
layer dvd's.

mario

Yeap, DVDshrink does it automagicly for me.
Took me a couple of burns to work out what was doing the burning lol.

mario