Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Any Comments on the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone..Update

Any Comments on the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone..Update

The GHOST of WOGER.

Tossing up on that, or the Panasonic DECT KX-TCD500 Cordless Phone.

The Only BIG Problem with the Panasonic is the clock has no battery backup, as
its in the base unite, that is a shame as that phone can be used as a alarm
clock..

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/F9292

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/F7488

After trying two sets, still no range only 2 to3 houses away, my 400
Panasonic would go some 6 houses, But the Big problem was my Microwave I just
found out that it interferes with the Unite and that it far away from the
Microwave..

The Phone base station is way back at the end of the house, the hand piece I
was using was in the lounge, the Microwave is in the Kitchen, a mate told me
that they both work at 2.4g..

Normal DECT operates on the 1880-1900 MHz frequency band, that is why I never
had any problems with 1.8 to 1.9g that the Panasonic uses, as that is the
DECT standard..

2.4GHz frequency band.

A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens. In
this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create. Most
microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band that
802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials...le.php/3116531

UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone

2.4GHz WDECT Wideband Digital technology -

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/F9292

So the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone can be a problem..

Kent Smith

"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >
> A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
> interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens.

In
> this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

Most
> microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

that
> 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "

I use a 2.4GHz phone system, 802.11b WIFI network and Microwave at the same
time with no problems.

-KENT

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:56:30 +1200, "Kent Smith"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >
>> A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
>> interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens.

>In
>> this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

>Most
>> microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

>that
>> 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "
>>

>I use a 2.4GHz phone system, 802.11b WIFI network and Microwave at the same
>time with no problems.
>
>-KENT

Read the Article as it does state that there can be problems and it did with
me..

’_£₯ΊΡ

"The GHOST of WOGER." wrote. . .

<snip>

Tossing up on that, or a problem with it ?

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Sun, 16 May 2004 07:55:25 +1000, "’_£₯ΊΡ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"The GHOST of WOGER." wrote. . .
>
><snip>
>
>Tossing up on that, or a problem with it ?

Usless with a Microwave Oven in the house, as they both work on 2.4g, the
Panasonic uses the Standard 1.88g to 1.9g band..

peter

yes I did notice that my microwave stopped working when using that phone

---

Kent Smith

"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:56:30 +1200, "Kent Smith"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >
> >> A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
> >> interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave

ovens.
> >In
> >> this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

> >Most
> >> microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

> >that
> >> 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "
> >>

> >I use a 2.4GHz phone system, 802.11b WIFI network and Microwave at the

same
> >time with no problems.
> >
> >-KENT
> >

> Read the Article as it does state that there can be problems and it did

with
> me..

Yeah, and I expected to have problems when I chose 802.11b. I made it clear
when I bought gear that I had 2.4GHz phones and I will need to return it if
I had any problems. I didn't need to.

-KENT

SillyOne

I keep buying uniden phones (no I don't learn from
my mistakes) because I can get them
dealer pricing.. but so far I can't find one that works
ok.. I've tried them all.. the best one for range was
actually an old analog cordless model. I just tried
the WDECT and it keeps cutting out and the range
was less than the analog phone... go figure.
The WDECT phone cuts out just walking around the lounge !
Thats less than 5m line of sight ... not 300m or 50m.

There are a few radio transmitters around my area..may be
that causes some of the problems.. but the analog
and panasonic digital phones I've had don't seem to
be affected. A panasonic digital 900Mhz doesn't cut
out at all. So what is it about Uniden Digital phones !!
And another gripe.. I've always been fed up with speaker volumne
in the handsets of all uniden models I've had.

JM2CW

"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Tossing up on that, or the Panasonic DECT KX-TCD500 Cordless Phone.
>

> The Only BIG Problem with the Panasonic is the clock has no battery

backup, as
> its in the base unite, that is a shame as that phone can be used as a

alarm
> clock..

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/F9292

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/F7488

> After trying two sets, still no range only 2 to3 houses away, my 400
> Panasonic would go some 6 houses, But the Big problem was my Microwave I

just
> found out that it interferes with the Unite and that it far away from the
> Microwave..
>
> The Phone base station is way back at the end of the house, the hand piece

> was using was in the lounge, the Microwave is in the Kitchen, a mate told

me
> that they both work at 2.4g..
>

> Normal DECT operates on the 1880-1900 MHz frequency band, that is why I

never
> had any problems with 1.8 to 1.9g that the Panasonic uses, as that is the
> DECT standard..
>
> 2.4GHz frequency band.
>
> A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
> interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens.

In
> this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

Most
> microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

that
> 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "
>
> http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials...le.php/3116531
>

> UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone
>
> 2.4GHz WDECT Wideband Digital technology -

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/F9292

> So the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone can be a problem..

Frank

On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:40:08 +1200, "SillyOne" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I keep buying uniden phones (no I don't learn from
>my mistakes) because I can get them
>dealer pricing.. but so far I can't find one that works
>ok.. I've tried them all.. the best one for range was
>actually an old analog cordless model. I just tried
>the WDECT and it keeps cutting out and the range
>was less than the analog phone... go figure.
>The WDECT phone cuts out just walking around the lounge !
>Thats less than 5m line of sight ... not 300m or 50m.
>
>There are a few radio transmitters around my area..may be
>that causes some of the problems.. but the analog
>and panasonic digital phones I've had don't seem to
>be affected. A panasonic digital 900Mhz doesn't cut
>out at all. So what is it about Uniden Digital phones !!
>And another gripe.. I've always been fed up with speaker volumne
>in the handsets of all uniden models I've had.
>
>JM2CW

Well I had 3-4 People that complained that I sounded Far Far away and had
trouble hearing me, this is what started it all.

wrote:

> [...]

>> had any problems with 1.8 to 1.9g that the Panasonic uses, as that is the
>> DECT standard..
>>
>> 2.4GHz frequency band.
>>
>> A Quote: "As a result, you need to be aware of potential sources of RF
>> interference, such as cordless phones, other WLANs -- and microwave ovens.

>In
>> this tutorial, well focus on interference that microwave ovens create.

>Most
>> microwaves emit signals that fall within the same 2.4GHz frequency band

>that
>> 802.11b WLANs utilize. It's something to think about when deploying. "
>>
>> http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials...le.php/3116531
>>

>> UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone
>>
>> 2.4GHz WDECT Wideband Digital technology -
>>

>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/F9292
>>
>> So the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone can be a problem..

Uniden cordless phone & ADSL splitters Me NZ Computing 7 03-14-2011 09:32 AM
OT: DECT phone with really good range - any recommendations? Roger Baker UK VOIP 25 04-15-2007 09:59 PM
Sunrocket Code for the free Uniden phones thorster VOIP 5 06-29-2005 03:20 AM
Uniden graeme@invalid Computer Support 4 09-11-2004 09:28 AM
Any Comments on the UNIDEN WDECT2310 Dect Phone.. The GHOST of WOGER. NZ Computing 4 05-09-2004 10:03 AM

Advertisments