Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Free easyCD image mounter?

Free easyCD image mounter?

Southern Kiwi

I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Allistar

Southern Kiwi wrote:

> I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

Allistar.

XPD

"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

On what.. Win32 ?
If so, look for Daemon Tools

Patrick Dunford

In article <cJepc.2100$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Southern Kiwi wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

> Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
> mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

He not using linux, silly

Craig Shore

On Sat, 15 May 2004 14:00:59 +1200, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Southern Kiwi wrote:
>
>> I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

>Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
>mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

I didn't know Microsoft released Outlook Express for Linux.

Daemon Tools is what is needed.
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php

Allistar

Patrick Dunford wrote:

> In article <cJepc.2100$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> Southern Kiwi wrote:
>>
>> > I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning
>> > it.

>> Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
>> mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

> He not using linux, silly

No? The OS wasn't mentioned so I assumed the same as me. My mistake.

Allistar.

Barg

Patrick Dunford wrote:

> He not using linux, silly

Actually that should be "He's not using Linux. Silly."

Southern Kiwi

Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...