Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Bookmarks toolbar

Bookmarks toolbar

joevan

I uncheck it but when I close firefox and open it again it comes back.
Is there a registry item for this too. Also firefox will not remember
the size I set it to. It keeps opening to full size. Control, exit
does not set it.
and for the same reason."

gwtc

joevan wrote:
> I uncheck it but when I close firefox and open it again it comes back.
> Is there a registry item for this too. Also firefox will not remember
> the size I set it to. It keeps opening to full size. Control, exit
> does not set it.

it sounds like you're having a profile problem. It could be one of
several reasons, but we'll start with this one: Maybe an extension is
causing the problem. Start FF in Safe Mode. You will find it in the
folder that has all the FF icons. Does that solve your problem? If
so, the open the Extension Manager, right click on them and disable
them. Then start looking for the one for the problem.

As for the window size, I believe you delete the localstore.rdf file.

joevan

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:25:23 -0800, gwtc
<TheNewGWTC-64-110-101-116-115-99-97-112-101-46-110-101-116> wrote:

>joevan wrote:
>> I uncheck it but when I close firefox and open it again it comes back.
>> Is there a registry item for this too. Also firefox will not remember
>> the size I set it to. It keeps opening to full size. Control, exit
>> does not set it.

>it sounds like you're having a profile problem. It could be one of
>several reasons, but we'll start with this one: Maybe an extension is
>causing the problem. Start FF in Safe Mode. You will find it in the
>folder that has all the FF icons. Does that solve your problem? If
>so, the open the Extension Manager, right click on them and disable
>them. Then start looking for the one for the problem.
>
>As for the window size, I believe you delete the localstore.rdf file.

Thank you lots. After a few tries it is now as I like it. The save
mode did the trick. I also can now just use text in the tool bars.
and for the same reason."

joevan

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:32:04 GMT, joevan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:25:23 -0800, gwtc
><TheNewGWTC-64-110-101-116-115-99-97-112-101-46-110-101-116> wrote:
>
>>joevan wrote:
>>> I uncheck it but when I close firefox and open it again it comes back.
>>> Is there a registry item for this too. Also firefox will not remember
>>> the size I set it to. It keeps opening to full size. Control, exit
>>> does not set it.

>>it sounds like you're having a profile problem. It could be one of
>>several reasons, but we'll start with this one: Maybe an extension is
>>causing the problem. Start FF in Safe Mode. You will find it in the
>>folder that has all the FF icons. Does that solve your problem? If
>>so, the open the Extension Manager, right click on them and disable
>>them. Then start looking for the one for the problem.
>>
>>As for the window size, I believe you delete the localstore.rdf file.

>Thank you lots. After a few tries it is now as I like it. The save
>mode did the trick. I also can now just use text in the tool bars.

Oh I forgot to say that I also deleted both localstore.rdf files one
in program files and one larger one in documents and settings.
All seems exactly right.
and for the same reason."