Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > sms messaging - bulk accounts

sms messaging - bulk accounts

evski

Howdy

Any recommendations for a bulk sms supplier?

I would like to send sms weather alerts automatically from my website.
Up to 5000 a month. India and south africa comapnies seem to be pretty
active in this arena.

thanks

evan
Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track

Get off your bottom and do the Hump!

http://www.humpridgetrack.co.nz

Mauricio Freitas

"evski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Howdy
>
> Any recommendations for a bulk sms supplier?
>
> I would like to send sms weather alerts automatically from my website.
> Up to 5000 a month. India and south africa comapnies seem to be pretty
> active in this arena.
>
> thanks
>
> evan
> Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track
>
> Get off your bottom and do the Hump!
>
> http://www.humpridgetrack.co.nz

I use Clickatell (www.clickatell) on Geekzone. In my case I've wrote the
scripts so users can SMS the article's URL to friend. Works very well and
fast.

You can have two-way patchs as well, if needed, and can post XML, HTTP, FTP
and SMTP. Quite flexible, and the price is good. Most networks are charged
at EUR 0.04.

Shameless plug: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1412 and if
you sign-up I get a few more credits in my account

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

Dave - Dave.net.nz

evski wrote:
> Any recommendations for a bulk sms supplier?

look up the makers of smspop. same as the providers of mtnsms.com some
SA company.

they charge NZ 7c per message, but I only buy them $20 at a time.