Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cheap small AC/DC Clampon Digital Meter..Update.2

Cheap small AC/DC Clampon Digital Meter..Update.2

The GHOST of WOGER.

Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
that here..

Must be AC & DC for AMPS..

The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..

Like this one

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20...pplies-03.html

Used by Toms.

Here is it in full

http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/fi...ters/93469.pdf

Thanks..

colinco

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
> that here..
>
> Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
>
> The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..
>
> Like this one
>

> http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20...pplies-03.html
>

> Used by Toms.
>
> Here is it in full
>

> http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/fi...ters/93469.pdf
>

> Thanks..

Don't you have any contacts with the test gear suppliers here?

Page 238 Jaycar 2003 cat looks like clone of the Tom's one. You can find
current price on website.

Frank

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:14:41 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>

>> Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
>> that here..
>>
>> Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
>>
>> The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..
>>
>> Like this one
>>

>> http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20...pplies-03.html
>>

>> Used by Toms.
>>
>> Here is it in full
>>

>> http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/fi...ters/93469.pdf
>>

>> Thanks..
>>

>Don't you have any contacts with the test gear suppliers here?
>
>Page 238 Jaycar 2003 cat looks like clone of the Tom's one. You can find
>current price on website.

Yes I saw that Model on there Web site not very accurate (3%) and not True
RMS like the one on Toms site that is a UNITEST CHB35 meter, but I think
that the one that Jarcar sells is a similar type of model..

Here is the Jaycar specs

AC/DC Current Clamp Meter

- 200A AC/DC
- FREQUENCY
- CAPACITANCE
- AUTO RANGING
- AUTO POWER OFF
- DATA HOLD
- ZERO FUNCTION
- DUTY CYCLE
- CONTINUITY BUZZER
- CARRY CASE INCLUDED
- 4000 COUNT

This small clamp meter will measure an amazing 200 Amps DC. It is ideal for
car stereo installations and electrical trades people. It has a one touch zero
adjustment for DC current measurement. Jaw opening is 23mm. There is a 10mA
high resolution on 40A DC/AC range. Also measures DVC, ACV, Ohms, diodes,
capacitors and continuity. It is supplied in a handy vinyl pouch, along with
leads.
Specifications:
- DC voltage 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V Accuracy +/- 1%
- AC voltage 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V - Accuracy +/- 1.5%
- DC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/- 3%- AC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/-
3%
- Resistance 400, 4K, 40K, 400K, 4M, 40M Accuracy +/- 1.2%
- Frequency 9Hz, 99Hz, 999Hz, 9KHz, 99KHz, 999KHz, 9MHz - Accuracy +/- 0.8%
- Capacitance 4nF, 40nF, 400nF, 4F, 40F, 200F Accuracy +/- 3.5%
- Jaw opening capability: 23mm (max conductor size)
- Size: 181(L) x 43(W) x 30(H)mm

This is the UNITEST CH15 the None RMS model of the same meter, the size is
a bit different..

For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=cac...=en&lr=lang_en

http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/fi...ters/93468.pdf.

TEX

Cheap.......

You want something with all the wizz bangs and true RMS reading etc and
then want it to be cheap.....need I say more?

Wat do you classify as cheap?

TEX

Frank wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:14:41 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>

>>>Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
>>>that here..
>>>
>>>Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
>>>
>>>The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..
>>>
>>>Like this one
>>>

>>>http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20...pplies-03.html
>>>

>>>Used by Toms.
>>>
>>>Here is it in full
>>>

>>>http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/fi...ters/93469.pdf
>>>

>>>Thanks..
>>>

>>Don't you have any contacts with the test gear suppliers here?
>>
>>Page 238 Jaycar 2003 cat looks like clone of the Tom's one. You can find
>>current price on website.

> Yes I saw that Model on there Web site not very accurate (3%) and not True
> RMS like the one on Toms site that is a UNITEST CHB35 meter, but I think
> that the one that Jarcar sells is a similar type of model..
>
> Here is the Jaycar specs
>
> AC/DC Current Clamp Meter
>
> - 200A AC/DC
> - FREQUENCY
> - CAPACITANCE
> - AUTO RANGING
> - AUTO POWER OFF
> - DATA HOLD
> - ZERO FUNCTION
> - DUTY CYCLE
> - CONTINUITY BUZZER
> - CARRY CASE INCLUDED
> - 4000 COUNT
>
> This small clamp meter will measure an amazing 200 Amps DC. It is ideal for
> car stereo installations and electrical trades people. It has a one touch zero
> adjustment for DC current measurement. Jaw opening is 23mm. There is a 10mA
> high resolution on 40A DC/AC range. Also measures DVC, ACV, Ohms, diodes,
> capacitors and continuity. It is supplied in a handy vinyl pouch, along with
> leads.
> Specifications:
> - DC voltage 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V Accuracy +/- 1%
> - AC voltage 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V - Accuracy +/- 1.5%
> - DC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/- 3%- AC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/-
> 3%
> - Resistance 400, 4K, 40K, 400K, 4M, 40M Accuracy +/- 1.2%
> - Frequency 9Hz, 99Hz, 999Hz, 9KHz, 99KHz, 999KHz, 9MHz - Accuracy +/- 0.8%
> - Capacitance 4nF, 40nF, 400nF, 4F, 40F, 200F Accuracy +/- 3.5%
> - Jaw opening capability: 23mm (max conductor size)
> - Size: 181(L) x 43(W) x 30(H)mm
>

> This is the UNITEST CH15 the None RMS model of the same meter, the size is
> a bit different..
>
> For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???
>

> http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=cac...=en&lr=lang_en
>
> http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/fi...ters/93468.pdf.
> Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

Frank

On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:54:12 +1200, TEX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Cheap.......
>
>You want something with all the wizz bangs and true RMS reading etc and
>then want it to be cheap.....need I say more?
>
>Wat do you classify as cheap?
>
>TEX

Except for its low Accuracy the Jaycar one at Qty 1+ $179.95 could fit my
needs.

But I am a Pom so I do have a excuse for being a cheap arse..

>Frank wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:14:41 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>>(E-Mail Removed) says...

>>>Don't you have any contacts with the test gear suppliers here?
>>>
>>>Page 238 Jaycar 2003 cat looks like clone of the Tom's one. You can find
>>>current price on website.

>> Yes I saw that Model on there Web site not very accurate (3%) and not True
>> RMS like the one on Toms site that is a UNITEST CHB35 meter, but I think
>> that the one that Jarcar sells is a similar type of model..
>>
>> Here is the Jaycar specs
>>
>> AC/DC Current Clamp Meter
>>
>> - 200A AC/DC
>> - FREQUENCY
>> - CAPACITANCE
>> - AUTO RANGING
>> - AUTO POWER OFF
>> - DATA HOLD
>> - ZERO FUNCTION
>> - DUTY CYCLE
>> - CONTINUITY BUZZER
>> - CARRY CASE INCLUDED
>> - 4000 COUNT
>>
>> This small clamp meter will measure an amazing 200 Amps DC. It is ideal for
>> car stereo installations and electrical trades people. It has a one touch zero
>> adjustment for DC current measurement. Jaw opening is 23mm. There is a 10mA
>> high resolution on 40A DC/AC range. Also measures DVC, ACV, Ohms, diodes,
>> capacitors and continuity. It is supplied in a handy vinyl pouch, along with
>> leads.
>> Specifications:
>> - DC voltage 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V Accuracy +/- 1%
>> - AC voltage 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V - Accuracy +/- 1.5%
>> - DC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/- 3%- AC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/-
>> 3%
>> - Resistance 400, 4K, 40K, 400K, 4M, 40M Accuracy +/- 1.2%
>> - Frequency 9Hz, 99Hz, 999Hz, 9KHz, 99KHz, 999KHz, 9MHz - Accuracy +/- 0.8%
>> - Capacitance 4nF, 40nF, 400nF, 4F, 40F, 200F Accuracy +/- 3.5%
>> - Jaw opening capability: 23mm (max conductor size)
>> - Size: 181(L) x 43(W) x 30(H)mm
>>

>> This is the UNITEST CH15 the None RMS model of the same meter, the size is
>> a bit different..
>>
>> For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???
>>

>> http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=cac...=en&lr=lang_en
>>
>> http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/fi...ters/93468.pdf.
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

colinco

says...
> For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???

Right click-save as from beha page

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 08:24:18 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???
>>

>Right click-save as from beha page

The site must have been having problems as the PDF came down later on and the
Right Click Save did not work, could not get article..

I had it locked into Reget and that got it down many hours later..

Vogan

"TEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Cheap.......

You want something with all the wizz bangs and true RMS reading etc and
then want it to be cheap.....need I say more?

Wat do you classify as cheap?

TEX

You know, he will buy a cheap one then we will never hear the end of it
about how crap it is and what it doesn't do etc.......
Personally I would save the extra dollars and get a Fluke or similar.

Cheers
Vaughan