Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Website Hall of Shame

Website Hall of Shame

Don Gould

The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
that don't work on non-MS browsers.

http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

Rider

"Don Gould" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UKWnc.3215$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
> that don't work on non-MS browsers.
>
> http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

Whoopidy doooo

LoL

Industrious

Rather blatant rip off of www.rotten .com site.

"Don Gould" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UKWnc.3215$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
> that don't work on non-MS browsers.
>
> http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Industrious wrote:
> Rather blatant rip off of www.rotten .com site.

there is a rotten.com one specifically for nz sites... random

JedMeister

I notice the lotto website is listed...this should be doubly in the hall of
shame, as they do not even print the full results of each draw, such as the
guaranteed millionaire ticket numbers.

"Don Gould" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UKWnc.3215$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
> that don't work on non-MS browsers.
>
> http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

JedMeister

sorry my mistake, they do..under 'results' tab...

"JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mFYnc.3264$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I notice the lotto website is listed...this should be doubly in the hall

of
> shame, as they do not even print the full results of each draw, such as

the
> guaranteed millionaire ticket numbers.
>

> "Don Gould" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:UKWnc.3215$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
> > that don't work on non-MS browsers.
> >
> > http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

Bruce Simpson

On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:52:18 +1200, "Industrious"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rather blatant rip off of www.rotten .com site.

Actually I think I can claim prior art on that one.

One of the very first features of Aardvark was the "I Can't Believe
It's True" section that highlighted idiot websites -- and that was
back in 1995.

I'm a Trampoline

Don Gould wrote:
> The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
> that don't work on non-MS browsers.
>
> http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

Is there anything wrong with http://realenz.co.nz ? In Safari, when I
click on a section of the county, after a second or two it reverts back
to the home page.

I'm a Trampoline

I'm a Trampoline wrote:

> Don Gould wrote:
>
>> The guy who runs Aardvark has begun a Hall of Shame for the websites
>> that don't work on non-MS browsers.
>>
>> http://aardvark.co.nz/hallofshame.shtml

> Is there anything wrong with http://realenz.co.nz ? In Safari, when I
> click on a section of the county, after a second or two it reverts back
> to the home page.

Forgot the "www." in that.

Bruce Simpson

Thanks to the contributions of readers, the list of shameful websites
is growing quite rapidly right now and I've updated the page to
reflect this.