Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > winxp IE will not let you exit, and my comptuer / other folders will not let you open them.

winxp IE will not let you exit, and my comptuer / other folders will not let you open them.

Daniel

winxp IE will not let you exit, and my comptuer / other folders will not let
you open them.

When you try and close ie it just plays the system errror wav at you. (but
lets you browes etc.. so is not frozzen) and when you try and open a folder
or my computer or whatevea it dosent do anything..

Typeing C: in a ie window lets you browes your hard drive..and go back to my
computer from there.

Any ideas as to what could be caulsing this.. have cheaked and removed
spyware and cheaked for virses.

Daniel

brundlefly

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> winxp IE will not let you exit, and my comptuer / other folders will not

let
> you open them.
>
> When you try and close ie it just plays the system errror wav at you. (but
> lets you browes etc.. so is not frozzen) and when you try and open a

folder
> or my computer or whatevea it dosent do anything..
>

> Typeing C: in a ie window lets you browes your hard drive..and go back to

my
> computer from there.
>

> Any ideas as to what could be caulsing this.. have cheaked and removed
> spyware and cheaked for virses.
>

> Daniel

Hmm XP
Start/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
and pick a time when it last worked OK for you

or

http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

Daniel

good thinking with system restore (ahg should of thoguh of that one my self)

Thanks Daniel