Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Recording real audio stream

Recording real audio stream

Damos

Is there anyway to download the the file which is streamed and play it
off the hard drive, rather than record on HD the stream as it plays?

Currently I use Audiostream recorder 2 which came with my audiology 2
sound card, to connect in my absence to bbc4 and record programes in
real time then convert to MP3 and burn to cd to play in car/stereo.

This works ok but sometimes fall over if the internet connection is
lost as it wont restart recording from the same place.

I notice that the Reith Lectures are also available for download as
MP3 files rather than just streamed audio.

Curious.

Damos

"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our
critical faculties in steep decline, unable to distinguish between what
right and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into
superstition and darkness."

Carl Sagan.

Recording live video stream from IP camera issue Sam Berry Python 10 02-18-2013 01:03 PM
recording massive data stream Lorn C++ 4 06-24-2005 11:02 AM
Problem recording cd from live stream ShantiP1 Computer Information 4 05-14-2004 12:17 AM
Recording a Real Audio stream Trent C Computer Support 1 02-28-2004 07:48 AM
Recording stream files DaveK Computer Support 2 10-10-2003 12:10 PM

Advertisments