Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cheap small AC/DC Clampon Digital Meter..

Cheap small AC/DC Clampon Digital Meter..

The GHOST of WOGER.

Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
that here..

Must be AC & DC for AMPS..

The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..

Thanks..

Dave Taylor

The GHOST of WOGER. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing
> like that here..
>
> Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
>
> The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..
>

> Thanks..

You can't do clamp on DC amps AFAIK. AC is needed for the magnetic
coupling to generate a voltage that can be measured by the meter.
Ciao, Dave

colinco

In article <Xns94E6BE12B11DBdaveytaynospamplshot@202.20.93.13 >,
> You can't do clamp on DC amps AFAIK. AC is needed for the magnetic
> coupling to generate a voltage that can be measured by the meter.
> Ciao, Dave

You can do DC but who knows how accurate the cheap clamps are.

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:05:54 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <Xns94E6BE12B11DBdaveytaynospamplshot@202.20.93.13 >,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> You can't do clamp on DC amps AFAIK.

Utter *******s they use a Hall device, go do some reading as you are Way Way
Way out of date, I have used them..

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/Q1476

>>AC is needed for the magnetic
>> coupling to generate a voltage that can be measured by the meter.
>> Ciao, Dave
>>

>You can do DC but who knows how accurate the cheap clamps are.

Dave Taylor

The GHOST of WOGER. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:05:54 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <Xns94E6BE12B11DBdaveytaynospamplshot@202.20.93.13 >,
>>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> You can't do clamp on DC amps AFAIK.

> Utter *******s they use a Hall device, go do some reading as you are
> Way Way Way out of date, I have used them..
>

> http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...8fe2740c0a87f9
> 90744/Product/View/Q1476
>

>>>AC is needed for the magnetic
>>> coupling to generate a voltage that can be measured by the meter.
>>> Ciao, Dave
>>>

>>You can do DC but who knows how accurate the cheap clamps are.

Learn something new today, good, I like that.
Ciao, Dave

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
> that here..
>
> Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
>
> The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..

Most are, as a special sensor is needed to read DC current, which costs
more

Patrick Dunford

In article <Xns94E6BE12B11DBdaveytaynospamplshot@202.20.93.13 >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> The GHOST of WOGER. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing
> > like that here..
> >
> > Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
> >
> > The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..
> >

> > Thanks..
> >

> You can't do clamp on DC amps AFAIK. AC is needed for the magnetic
> coupling to generate a voltage that can be measured by the meter.

There are clamps available using "Hall effect" sensors, much more
expensive

Dave Hellberg

Try Electrical Wholesalers (Powerbase Group in Nz)
One that is Realatively cheap ($235 +GST in Nz)
is the Deree 3110 ac/dc clamp up to 200 amps + voltage and resistance ranges
I have sold 10 - 15 in the last year and have had none returned (ie faulty)
Marketed by same Company that sells the Megger Brand of Meters
Cheers Dave Hellberg
Palmerston North
NZ
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...