Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Woosh Disconnections

Woosh Disconnections

DonB

I have had Woosh since xmas, with few problems and usually
30,000kb/sec plus downloads.
But during the last few weeks, for the first time I am having constant
disconnections. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Glad I kept Paradise going for now!
DonB

Rua

On Sun, 09 May 2004 09:53:24 GMT, DonB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have had Woosh since xmas, with few problems and usually
> 30,000kb/sec plus downloads.
> But during the last few weeks, for the first time I am having constant
> disconnections. Is anyone else experiencing this?
> Glad I kept Paradise going for now!
> DonB

You get 30 Mb/sec?

Also getting constant disconnections here. how is your latency? Do you
know which POP you are connected to?

DonB

Oops, sorry, usually 31-32kb/sec. Right across from Skytower.
DonB

On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:41:22 +1200, Rua <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 09 May 2004 09:53:24 GMT, DonB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have had Woosh since xmas, with few problems and usually
>> 30,000kb/sec plus downloads.
>> But during the last few weeks, for the first time I am having constant
>> disconnections. Is anyone else experiencing this?
>> Glad I kept Paradise going for now!
>> DonB

>You get 30 Mb/sec?
>
>Also getting constant disconnections here. how is your latency? Do you
>know which POP you are connected to?
>--

J.Random Luser

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (DonB) wrote:

> Oops, sorry, usually 31-32kb/sec. Right across from Skytower.

^^^

kiloBytes? sounds better

I might expect as traffic density on each base unit increases, the
service quality will go down.

They're in major expansion mode now: another half page ad in today's
Harold:

Call Woosh now and you'll get a big fat NO...

couldn't agree more, in my case, no service, no coverage, no info...

Rua

On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:23:00 +1200, J.Random Luser <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (DonB) wrote:
>> Oops, sorry, usually 31-32kb/sec. Right across from Skytower.

> ^^^
>
> kiloBytes? sounds better
>
> I might expect as traffic density on each base unit increases, the
> service quality will go down.

That's pretty much my experience. My upload speeds have gone to hell
recently, 3 kB is 'good'.

Helpdesk has no idea how to fix it, apparently they are waiting for
firmware upgrades at some unknown time in the future.

> They're in major expansion mode now: another half page ad in today's
> Harold:
>
> Call Woosh now and you'll get a big fat NO...
>
> couldn't agree more, in my case, no service, no coverage, no info...

No, we don't know whats wrong...

Wireless Netorking Disconnections????? =?Utf-8?B?UnluZXQ=?= Wireless Networking 1 11-16-2004 09:24 PM
Woosh to Woosh Toxickiwi NZ Computing 7 11-01-2004 08:55 AM
Frequent Disconnections David McKinnon Wireless Networking 13 06-24-2004 08:03 PM
Intermittent disconnections on PIX to IOS VPN Mickey Sauk Cisco 3 06-03-2004 09:03 PM
Frequent Disconnections from Internet Howdy Computer Support 6 01-08-2004 12:12 AM

Advertisments