Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > employment law?

employment law?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?

anyone got any contacts etc for them, especially in Dunedin.

not just for me, but my workmates too.

Collector

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?
>
> anyone got any contacts etc for them, especially in Dunedin.
>
> not just for me, but my workmates too.

You havnt been fired again have you

I notice a cahnge in your sig that suggests you might not be using the
same machine you normally do

Baldman

On Fri, 07 May 2004 16:46:38 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?
>
>anyone got any contacts etc for them, especially in Dunedin.
>
>not just for me, but my workmates too.

SFWU - Service & Food Workers Union

They're the mob that dug me out of dire straits when I had a slight
problem as a helldesk emplyee of ... errr... a very HUGgable ISP!

*cackle*

Collector

Baldman wrote:

>On Fri, 07 May 2004 16:46:38 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?
>>
>>anyone got any contacts etc for them, especially in Dunedin.
>>
>>not just for me, but my workmates too.
>>

>SFWU - Service & Food Workers Union
>
>They're the mob that dug me out of dire straits when I had a slight
>problem as a helldesk emplyee of ... errr... a very HUGgable ISP!
>
>*cackle*

Dave will really be able to relate to that problem

Patrick Dunford

Dave - Dave.net.nz
> Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?

Finsec

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector wrote
>You havnt been fired again have you

nope

>I notice a cahnge in your sig that suggests you might not be using the
>same machine you normally do

upgraded firefox and lost my sig...

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Patrick Dunford wrote:
>>Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?

> Finsec

thanks... this seems to be the ones I want.
I almost feel nasty for the **** I normally give you.

Patrick Dunford

Dave - Dave.net.nz
> Patrick Dunford wrote:
> >>Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?

> > Finsec

> thanks... this seems to be the ones I want.
> I almost feel nasty for the **** I normally give you.

I don't remember you giving me any

Might as well say though that unions are a waste of time as far as I'm
concerned. Finsec is the old banking union, that has decided to extend
their grip onto IT workers, one of the least unionised professions most
probably.

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Fri, 07 May 2004 16:46:38 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Is there a union for IT/network admin type work?

Communications and energy workers.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> Might as well say though that unions are a waste of time as far as I'm
> concerned. Finsec is the old banking union, that has decided to extend
> their grip onto IT workers, one of the least unionised professions most
> probably.

Indeed... well, three more members, and hopefully a bit of clout with
the wanker who pa^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hboss.