Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > knoppix 3.4 out

knoppix 3.4 out

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

In case some of you missed it... Knoppix 3.4 is out, it's just been
posted on /. so good luck if you can get it.

It is available via Bittorrent too...

I followed this link
http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

Athura

"T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7706o$ef1v$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> In case some of you missed it... Knoppix 3.4 is out, it's just been
> posted on /. so good luck if you can get it.
>
> It is available via Bittorrent too...
>
> I followed this link

http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3

Its on the local ftp://debian.co.nz/Knoppix/ site also

I liked 3.3, I am eager to see what 3.4 brings

steve

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> In case some of you missed it... Knoppix 3.4 is out, it's just been
> posted on /. so good luck if you can get it.
>
> It is available via Bittorrent too...
>
> I followed this link
> http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3

I've got 42% of it - so far - via Bit Torrent.

There are about 600 seeders and 2,200 leechers at the mo'. Earlier, it
was 45 seeders and 500 leechers....so the ratio is improving.

GJ

On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:46:44 +1200, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> In case some of you missed it... Knoppix 3.4 is out, it's just been
> posted on /. so good luck if you can get it.
>
> It is available via Bittorrent too...
>
> I followed this link
> http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3

Just downloading from debian.co.nz. Holding strong at 243KB/s

Even better is I just upgraded my Saturn Cable from 128K to the 2meg
download speed (500k upload). Very nice. For around $65 per month I get a
2Mb connection with 5Gb of traffic. I had a look and nothing out there
seems to be comparable. [Waits for the great unwashed masses, geeks, to
prove him wrong].

GJ

Allistar

GJ wrote:

> On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:46:44 +1200, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> In case some of you missed it... Knoppix 3.4 is out, it's just been
>> posted on /. so good luck if you can get it.
>>
>> It is available via Bittorrent too...
>>
>> I followed this link

http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3

> Just downloading from debian.co.nz. Holding strong at 243KB/s
>
> Even better is I just upgraded my Saturn Cable from 128K to the 2meg
> download speed (500k upload). Very nice. For around $65 per month I get a
> 2Mb connection with 5Gb of traffic. I had a look and nothing out there
> seems to be comparable. [Waits for the great unwashed masses, geeks, to
> prove him wrong].
>
> GJ

Sounds great to me, except for the data cap. 5Gb is (IMO) hardly anything.
2Mb/s would be nice though.

I'm currently maxing out my 256kb/s connection downloading it from the
torrent. Should take about 6.5 hours to download all 700Mb.

Allistar.

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

Athura wrote:
> http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3

> Its on the local ftp://debian.co.nz/Knoppix/ site also
> I liked 3.3, I am eager to see what 3.4 brings

I'll also have it available soon... just uploading it now, 1hr 15mins
left to go.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

steve wrote:
> I've got 42% of it - so far - via Bit Torrent.
> There are about 600 seeders and 2,200 leechers at the mo'. Earlier, it
> was 45 seeders and 500 leechers....so the ratio is improving.

I left mine open all night, uploaded a total of 6GB.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

GJ wrote:
> I had a look and nothing out there
> seems to be comparable. [Waits for the great unwashed masses, geeks, to
> prove him wrong].

keep waiting.

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3

>> Its on the local ftp://debian.co.nz/Knoppix/ site also
>> I liked 3.3, I am eager to see what 3.4 brings

> I'll also have it available soon... just uploading it now, 1hr 15mins
> left to go.

available here...

http://www.dave.net.nz/files/KNOPPIX...4-05-04-EN.iso
http://www.dave.net.nz/files/KNOPPIX...-04-EN.iso.md5
http://www.dave.net.nz/files/KNOPPIX...EN.iso.md5.asc
http://www.dave.net.nz/files/KNOPPIX...-CHANGELOG.txt
http://www.dave.net.nz/files/KNOPPIX...cheatcodes.txt
www.dave.net.nz/files/KNOPPIX/packages.txt

--
Dave Hall
http://Dave.net.nz

GJ

Allistar wrote:
> GJ wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:46:44 +1200, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>

>>>In case some of you missed it... Knoppix 3.4 is out, it's just been
>>>posted on /. so good luck if you can get it.
>>>
>>>It is available via Bittorrent too...
>>>
>>>I followed this link
>>>

> http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:696...4aa2f2a4f086b3
>
>>Just downloading from debian.co.nz. Holding strong at 243KB/s
>>
>>Even better is I just upgraded my Saturn Cable from 128K to the 2meg
>>download speed (500k upload). Very nice. For around $65 per month I get a
>>2Mb connection with 5Gb of traffic. I had a look and nothing out there
>>seems to be comparable. [Waits for the great unwashed masses, geeks, to
>>prove him wrong].
>>
>>GJ

> Sounds great to me, except for the data cap. 5Gb is (IMO) hardly anything.
> 2Mb/s would be nice though.
>
> I'm currently maxing out my 256kb/s connection downloading it from the
> torrent. Should take about 6.5 hours to download all 700Mb.
>
> Allistar.

I had a look at my usage over the last year. For me the usage ranged
from 1.2-2.2 Gb so I am comfortable for 5Gb for our use.

GJ

Re: Knoppix 5.0.1 out 7 Computer Support 8 06-05-2006 04:05 AM
hardware detection using a knoppix-like CD lbrtchx@hotmail.com Java 0 07-29-2005 07:31 AM
mosix knoppix and JBoss Fred LaBar Java 0 07-14-2004 07:31 PM
Knoppix trout Computer Support 6 08-10-2003 08:05 AM
Downloaded Knoppix STD - can't boot to it Joe S. Computer Support 10 06-25-2003 04:02 PM

Advertisments