Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Try and get a test of a Digital Camera with a custom battery.

Try and get a test of a Digital Camera with a custom battery.

The GHOST of WOGER.

No shops here will demo a Digital cameras that has a custom battery.

I an trying to find out if the Models that I am interested in have a normal
shooting Histogram display..

No shops will show them, about 5 in Kapiti so far.

Interest in the Canon Powershot Digital IXUS 430, but reviews do not away's
state that, and most New Cameras are not in the Review sites..

colinco

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I an trying to find out if the Models that I am interested in have a normal
> shooting Histogram display..
>
> No shops will show them, about 5 in Kapiti so far.
>
> Interest in the Canon Powershot Digital IXUS 430, but reviews do not away's
> state that, and most New Cameras are not in the Review sites..

Or you can't be bothered looking
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_.../s410_pg4.html
histogram in review mode only.

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Mon, 3 May 2004 22:43:34 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I an trying to find out if the Models that I am interested in have a normal
>> shooting Histogram display..
>>
>> No shops will show them, about 5 in Kapiti so far.
>>
>> Interest in the Canon Powershot Digital IXUS 430, but reviews do not away's
>> state that, and most New Cameras are not in the Review sites..
>>

>Or you can't be bothered looking
>http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_.../s410_pg4.html
>histogram in review mode only.

Also that is not the same Model, that is the US one, they can differ I have
found..

Yes utter Crap..

Its needed in the shooting mode like most better cameras, not after the shot..

The Casio does it and so do all the Sony models..

Pangloss

The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
> On Mon, 3 May 2004 22:43:34 +1200, colinco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> I an trying to find out if the Models that I am interested in have a normal
>>> shooting Histogram display..
>>>
>>> No shops will show them, about 5 in Kapiti so far.
>>>
>>> Interest in the Canon Powershot Digital IXUS 430, but reviews do not away's
>>> state that, and most New Cameras are not in the Review sites..
>>>

>>Or you can't be bothered looking
>>http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_.../s410_pg4.html
>>histogram in review mode only.

> Also that is not the same Model, that is the US one, they can differ I have
> found..

In what way? AFAIK Canon cameras differ only nominally.

> Yes utter Crap..
>
> Its needed in the shooting mode like most better cameras, not after the shot..

Makes you wonder how they ever managed to get a decent photo before
digital came along.

--
Paul

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord,
make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
Voltaire

Nigel

On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:54:35 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

> Also that is not the same Model, that is the US one, they can differ I have
> found..
>

> Yes utter Crap..
>
> Its needed in the shooting mode like most better cameras, not after the shot..

Agreed, it's vital, even better is too be able to see RGB seperately.

Nigel