Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Free Static IP with Orcon

Free Static IP with Orcon

Carl Elphick

When I joined up to Orcon yesterday, the person there mentioned Telecom may
stop allowing Static IP's on the Jetstream Surf plans (like jetstart - only
dynamic allowed).
Anyone else heard something like this?

I've got one of those new 222.* addresses and not had too many probs with it
yet.

> When I joined up to Orcon yesterday, the person there mentioned Telecom may
> stop allowing Static IP's on the Jetstream Surf plans (like jetstart - only
> dynamic allowed).
> Anyone else heard something like this?

Haven't heard that rumour yet. But this is typical of Telecom. I think
with Jetstart Xtra would give you a static IP for a monthly fee.

> I've got one of those new 222.* addresses and not had too many probs with it
> yet.

Same here. Only silly websites were banning people.