Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > End to Flat rate text messages from Telecom 027

End to Flat rate text messages from Telecom 027

Carl Elphick

Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.

From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that 20c each
International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas will no longer be
included.

Bet vodafone will be happy with this!

Carl Elphick

Sorry, URL with it is:

http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,3...201458,00.html

"Carl Elphick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.
>
> From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that 20c

each
> International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas will no longer

be
> included.
>
> Bet vodafone will be happy with this!

Gordon

On Sat, 01 May 2004 13:51:46 +1200, Carl Elphick wrote:

> Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.
>
> From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that 20c each
> International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas will no longer be
> included.

Remember gentle people, the capalist and the pusher agree on this; first
you get them them hooked and then you up the price.

I wonder if they teach that in schools, HA!

pbs

Gordon wrote:
> On Sat, 01 May 2004 13:51:46 +1200, Carl Elphick wrote:
>

>>Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.
>>
>>From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that 20c each
>>International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas will no longer be
>>included.
>>

> Remember gentle people, the capalist and the pusher agree on this; first
> you get them them hooked and then you up the price.

If this was true, how do you explain that many things have a high price
when they are first launched and then fall in price during the product
life cycle?

GraB

On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:36:46 +1200, pbs
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gordon wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 May 2004 13:51:46 +1200, Carl Elphick wrote:
>>

>>>Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.
>>>
>>>From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that 20c each
>>>International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas will no longer be
>>>included.
>>>

>> Remember gentle people, the capalist and the pusher agree on this; first
>> you get them them hooked and then you up the price.

>If this was true, how do you explain that many things have a high price
>when they are first launched and then fall in price during the product
>life cycle?

Because they are being superceded by newer greater products with even
less features reducing demand on the older model. Anyway, I think
economies of scale come into it.

MarkH

pbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c6vd1e$5ol$(E-Mail Removed):

> Gordon wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 May 2004 13:51:46 +1200, Carl Elphick wrote:
>>

>>>Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.
>>>
>>>From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that
>>>20c each International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas
>>>will no longer be included.
>>>

>> Remember gentle people, the capalist and the pusher agree on this;
>> first you get them them hooked and then you up the price.

> If this was true, how do you explain that many things have a high
> price when they are first launched and then fall in price during the
> product life cycle?

Can you give an example of something that fits in with the business model
that is the subject of this thread?

It may be that a service that is introduced at a low price to get people to
try it, then has the price increased later may not be that similar to a DVD
player or whatever.

Of course it WAS quite a few years ago when I did economics at university
so I could be mistaken!

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

Lukagain Cos Thistlebounce

On Sat, 1 May 2004 05:50:37 +0000 (UTC), MarkH <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>pbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:c6vd1e$5ol$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Gordon wrote:

>>> Remember gentle people, the capalist and the pusher agree on this;
>>> first you get them them hooked and then you up the price.

>> If this was true, how do you explain that many things have a high
>> price when they are first launched and then fall in price during the
>> product life cycle?

>Can you give an example of something that fits in with the business model
>that is the subject of this thread?
>
>It may be that a service that is introduced at a low price to get people to
>try it, then has the price increased later may not be that similar to a DVD
>player or whatever.
>
>Of course it WAS quite a few years ago when I did economics at university
>so I could be mistaken!

Heroin, cocaine, etch

TEX

Carl Elphick wrote:
> Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.
>
> From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that 20c each
> International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas will no longer be
> included.
>
> Bet vodafone will be happy with this!

So does this include all users who have currently signed up with $10 txting?

If this does. It is total BS. They can't truly get away with this sort
of ****.

Just my opinion anyway.

TEX

Damon Nomad

On Sat, 01 May 2004 19:42:57 +1200, TEX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Carl Elphick wrote:
>> Just received a letter from them, and found it on their website.
>>
>> From 1 June, you get 500 national text messages for $10, after that 20c each
>> International texts and texts sent while roaming overseas will no longer be
>> included.
>>
>> Bet vodafone will be happy with this!
>>

>So does this include all users who have currently signed up with $10 txting?

That's almost 17 messages a day. Who on earth could use that many
messages?

Nigel

On Sat, 01 May 2004 23:01:43 +1200, Damon Nomad wrote:

> That's almost 17 messages a day. Who on earth could use that many
> messages?

Not me for sure, but I think you would be surprised how many do.

Nigel