Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anyone else getting hammered with port scans tonight?

Reply
Thread Tools

Anyone else getting hammered with port scans tonight?

 
 
Southern Kiwi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......


--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi
southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Southern Kiwi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
152.....



"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......
>
>
> --
> Cheers
> Southern Kiwi
> southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Southern Kiwi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
294....


"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 152.....
>
>
>
> "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......
> >
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Southern Kiwi
> > southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Southern Kiwi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
500 in 1 hour 46 minutes...... I'm outta here!

"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 294....
>
>
> "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > 152.....
> >
> >
> >
> > "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cheers
> > > Southern Kiwi
> > > southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
John B
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
128 in the past 45 minutes.
--
John B

"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......
>
>
> --
> Cheers
> Southern Kiwi
> southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
splat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004

"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4090c510$(E-Mail Removed)...
> 500 in 1 hour 46 minutes...... I'm outta here!
>
> "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > 294....
> >
> >
> > "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > 152.....
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in

message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Cheers
> > > > Southern Kiwi
> > > > southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>


More info would be helpful

is it on a single port? are u on a static ip address? etc........



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jason M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:24:34 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
<southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

>Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......


For the last month or so I've had thousands per day, mostly cycling
around ports 2745 3127 1025 6129 80. A Google on those numbers will
show a hundred discussions about those.

 
Reply With Quote
 
EMB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
In news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com,
splat <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:
> More info would be helpful
>
> is it on a single port? are u on a static ip address? etc........


His headers show a clear dialup - so it's dynamic.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply


 
Reply With Quote
 
splat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6ql7t$4f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com,
> splat <(E-Mail Removed)> expelled:
> > More info would be helpful
> >
> > is it on a single port? are u on a static ip address? etc........

>
> His headers show a clear dialup - so it's dynamic.
>



Maybe so. I was asking him/her to provide more info, so as to maybe assist
in answering the original question.

The reason I asked (specifically) about the static IP, is maybe that
particular IP had become associated with something "dodgy" (from a previous
user of that IP), and therefore, simply disconnecting from the net, and
reconnecting may have solved his/her problem.

The art of successful diagnoses is to ask questions


 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Dunford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2004
Southern Kiwi
> Over 100 in under 7mins at the mo.......


ZA has a few alerts, but not quite that many
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Samsung hammered but Phillips immune??? Differential DVD Video 0 03-25-2006 01:47 AM
google being hammered? Andrew NZ Computing 7 10-01-2005 08:08 AM
SHA-1 getting hammered.... Imhotep Computer Security 0 08-23-2005 05:35 PM
Sick of port scans James Drake Computer Support 2 04-12-2004 10:35 PM
I stopped getting hammered by SoBig on the 10th barabajackel Computer Support 1 09-12-2003 03:27 PM



Advertisments